March board meeting agenda

jody.garnett
It does not look like to Mark board meeting agenda is available yet

I wanted to follow up on two things:

1.

Request was made in December, but does not appear to be approved yet.

2. Boundless infrastructure transition

This is a carry over from recent SAC meetings, where various domain names, maven repositories, blogs, and build services need to be accounted for.

A number of projects from GeoNode to GeoWebCache are affected. While GeoTools and GeoServer budgeted for this risk I want to be sure other projects are both aware and prepared.

Jody Garnett

Re: March board meeting agenda

Angelos Tzotsos
Hi Jody,

The board meeting agenda is already available here:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2020-03-30

Best,
Angelos

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Bolsena_Code_Sprint_2020

Request was made in December, but does not appear to be approved yet.

2. Boundless infrastructure transition

This is a carry over from recent SAC meetings, where various domain names,
maven repositories, blogs, and build services need to be accounted for.

A number of projects from GeoNode to GeoWebCache are affected. While
GeoTools and GeoServer budgeted for this risk I want to be sure other
projects are both aware and prepared.

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Re: March board meeting agenda

Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
Am 15.03.2020 04:25 schrieb Jody Garnett:
> It does not look like to Mark board meeting agenda is available yet

> 2. Boundless infrastructure transition
>
> This is a carry over from recent SAC meetings, where various domain
> names, maven repositories, blogs, and build services need to be
> accounted for.
>
> A number of projects from GeoNode to GeoWebCache are affected. While
> GeoTools and GeoServer budgeted for this risk I want to be sure other
> projects are both aware and prepared.
>
> Jody Garnett

Hello Jody,

we talked about 2. Boundless infrastructure transition at our last Board
meeting.

Thanks for making us aware of the changes. You are welcome to move the
parts to our OSGeo infrastructure. Great that SAC is involved.

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2020-03-30#Boundless_infrastructure_transition

Is any further feedback or support from OSGeo Board needed?

Best regards

Astrid

Re: March board meeting agenda

jody.garnett
Thanks,

One of the reasons to inform the board is this will cause quite the disruption to OSGeo projects. I am not personally taking the time to hunt down all the affected projects (especially for topics like domain name transfer).

If the board could assist in getting the word out, and not be surprised if projects are disrupted and need help.
--
Jody Garnett

On Tue, 31 Mar 2020 at 08:44, Astrid Emde (OSGeo) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Am 15.03.2020 04:25 schrieb Jody Garnett:
> It does not look like to Mark board meeting agenda is available yet
> 2. Boundless infrastructure transition
>
> This is a carry over from recent SAC meetings, where various domain
> names, maven repositories, blogs, and build services need to be
> accounted for.
>
> A number of projects from GeoNode to GeoWebCache are affected. While
> GeoTools and GeoServer budgeted for this risk I want to be sure other
> projects are both aware and prepared.
>
> Jody Garnett

Hello Jody,

we talked about 2. Boundless infrastructure transition at our last Board
meeting.

Thanks for making us aware of the changes. You are welcome to move the
parts to our OSGeo infrastructure. Great that SAC is involved.

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2020-03-30#Boundless_infrastructure_transition

Is any further feedback or support from OSGeo Board needed?

Best regards

Astrid

Re: March board meeting agenda

jody.garnett
I have created a news item here: https://www.osgeo.org/foundation-news/new-osgeo-repo/

Tentatively scheduling the shut-off for Saturday April 11th. While we can setup a redirect experience shows that not all build tools are setup to respect this; we expect many projects to break unless updated.

Random writing on the topic (your mileage may vary):

Once again I request assistance getting the word out.
--
Jody Garnett

On Tue, 31 Mar 2020 at 15:52, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks,

One of the reasons to inform the board is this will cause quite the disruption to OSGeo projects. I am not personally taking the time to hunt down all the affected projects (especially for topics like domain name transfer).

If the board could assist in getting the word out, and not be surprised if projects are disrupted and need help.
--
Jody Garnett

On Tue, 31 Mar 2020 at 08:44, Astrid Emde (OSGeo) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Am 15.03.2020 04:25 schrieb Jody Garnett:
> It does not look like to Mark board meeting agenda is available yet
> 2. Boundless infrastructure transition
>
> This is a carry over from recent SAC meetings, where various domain
> names, maven repositories, blogs, and build services need to be
> accounted for.
>
> A number of projects from GeoNode to GeoWebCache are affected. While
> GeoTools and GeoServer budgeted for this risk I want to be sure other
> projects are both aware and prepared.
>
> Jody Garnett

Hello Jody,

we talked about 2. Boundless infrastructure transition at our last Board
meeting.

Thanks for making us aware of the changes. You are welcome to move the
parts to our OSGeo infrastructure. Great that SAC is involved.

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2020-03-30#Boundless_infrastructure_transition

Is any further feedback or support from OSGeo Board needed?

Best regards

Astrid

Astrid Emde
OSGeo Board Member and OSGeo Secretary