Mapping facilities for homeless people - Save the date : 27/02/2016

Mapping facilities for homeless people - Save the date : 27/02/2016

Maelle Vercauteren
Hi,

The « mapping party for homeless people » will take place in Brussels at the Université Libre de Bruxelles,

on Saturday, February 27.

Save the date!!!

As a reminder, we would like to help mapping of Brussels facilities and services for homeless people. You can find a digest based on the first meeting with people from la Strada, Médecins du Monde, the Red-Cross, l'Association des Maisons d'Accueil, Sant'Egidio & Street nurses (full document available upon request).

More details will come soon !

Christophe (Poppy), Gaël (OSGeo.be), Mathieu (Dewey), Maë//e (OSGeo.be) and Victor (Dewey)

151202_PV_CartopartieSansAbris.pdf (118K) Download Attachment

Re: Mapping facilities for homeless people - Save the date : 27/02/2016

Maelle Vercauteren
Dear all,

As you know, we are planning our 'Mapping party for homeless people' on Saturday, February 27. This reflects the first concrete step following our meeting on December 2 in order to bring our expertise to organizations helping homeless people.

Concretely this event type Citizen ' Mapathon' aims to map out (OpenStreetMaps) useful resources for people in precarious situations.

This is a first Brussels collaborative experience in this thematic, admittedly imperfect, but which following long-term vision :

- Create additional bridge between associations and citizens

- Cooperation- collaboration to avoid doingsolitarily what could be done together

- Maximize the use of existing free resources

- Production of well-organized resources to minimize update and maintenance tasks

and so contributing directly to many organizations, similar (but different) to what is done by the HOT team to NGOs like the Red Cross and MSF (https://www.cartong.org/news/collaboration-hotmsfcartong-guinea-crisis). The significance of this day is to evaluate if this initiative is working and realize its opportunities but also its limitations, and if necessary make adjustments ((in-) training, drafting a charter, development of new tools ...).

To provide training for field workers, we would start the day with an introduction of the given tool by 1-2 people from OSM. Once this step is completed, volunteers may begin adding new data (cue points, fountains, toilets, etc.), Making the map a valuable tool...

Do not hesitate to give your feedback before Wednesday 3, the idea is to launch official invitations Thursday, February 4th.

More information on the shared document: https://mypads.framapad.org/mypads/?/mypads/group/cartopartie-27-02-2015-k331q7cd/pad/view/cartopartie-27-02-2015-z632q762

Once the version is finalized, we could translate it into NL and ENGL and put it on the wiki OSGeo and ...

For the board, is it ok to put on the OSGeo Wiki that there is a OSGeo.be collaboration with Poppy and Dewey?

Thank you in advance for your return and nice afternoon to all of you,

Maë//e

--
Maëlle VERCAUTEREN DRUBBEL
Coordinatrice du stage SIG Libres ARES

Université Libre de Bruxelles -
IGEAT (CP 130 / 03)

Av. F. D. Roosevelt, 50
B-1050 Bruxelles
Tél.: 02/650.68.14 Fax: 02/650.50.92 Local: DB6.143

Re: Mapping facilities for homeless people - Save the date : 27/02/2016

dirkf
Maelle,

I like the "create additional bridge between associations and citizens"
part. This is real 'community' building.

Dirk.

Yours sincerely,

ir. Dirk Frigne
CEO @geosparc