Mapping a roman road

Roz Jones
Hi all
I am currently research a Roman road in south-west England, linking Aquae Sulis (modern day Bath) and Poole.
At the moment, the route covers about 5 Ordnance Survey Explorer maps.  But I want to be able to view the route on a single map, of the same scale, 1:25 000
I have looked at GIS software, but I can't get my head around it and I have enquired with the Ordnance Survey about creating one, and it would cost an arm, a leg and a few organs to produce.  Would anyone please help me in creating such a map.

Thank you

Roz

My website/blog: http://rhjones19.wix.com/lifesapain?_ga=1.190150379.1392238553.1441730357

Re: Mapping a roman road

Michael Spencer-2
Hi Roz,

The Openstreetmap project are mapping Roman Roads:

Add yours to the list and ask the OSM community for help in uploading features to the database.

Good luck!
Mike

On 6 August 2018 at 20:00, <[hidden email]> wrote:

Message: 2