Mapguide studio - data connection / fdo / feature provider is empty

Mapguide studio - data connection / fdo / feature provider is empty

Matthew Nashmi
Mapguide studio - data connection / fdo / feature provider is empty

Using mapguide studio v1.0.0.16407

Trying to create a database connection using  ...

New > Data Connection

… but the feature provider list is empty.

There should be ArcSDE, Oracle, and ODBC in the list according to the "getting started tutorial".

Are these providers installed with studio or server ?
How can I fix this and add to the list?

Regards,
Matthew Nashmi
IMAGINiT Technologies
Toronto, Canada
tel:  905-602-8783 x5228
fax:  905-602-5279

RE: Mapguide studio - data connection / fdo / feature provider is empty

Jason Birch
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

RE: Mapguide studio - data connection / fdo / feature provider is empty

Butler, Juan P
Mapguide studio - data connection / fdo / feature provider is empty

I can’t wait.  I’m basically waiting for this since we don’t keep any data in the SDF files.

I really want to move away from SDF and just use our Oracle Spatial connection, but will have to see if the new MG is stable in that environment.

- Juan

RE: Mapguide studio - data connection / fdo / feature provider is empty

Andy Morsell
Mapguide studio - data connection / fdo / feature provider is empty
It sounds like an Oracle (spatial or aspatial) and SQL Server provider will only be available from Autodesk as part of its upcoming MapGuide Enterprise product.  Perhaps somebody else in the developer community will write different providers to be available either commercially or as part of this open source project.  I have clients that store all of their data in Oracle Spatial and this works great with MapGuide 6.5, so they are obviously waiting for this as well.

Andy Morsell, P.E.
Spatial Integrators, Inc.
http://www.SpatialGIS.com