Mapguide Service not starting automatically

Mapguide Service not starting automatically

Butler, Juan P

Is anyone running into an issue when restarting their server or in my case laptop, and the Mapguide Service not automatically starting on reboot?  It’s set to automatic.

Thanks.

Juan Butler

RE: Mapguide Service not starting automatically

Bruce Dechant

Juan,

Is there any information in the MapGuide “Error.log” that might indicate why the service failed to start?

Could you also try running the server from the command line to see if that works? (I’m just trying to see if the server can actually startup properly)

To start the server from the command line do the following:

1)       Open a “Command Prompt” windows

2)       Change to the directory where the server is installed. Default is here: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\MapGuideEnterprise2007\Server\Bin

3)       At the command prompt type “mgserver /interactive” without the double quotes.

The server should indicate it has started. If it does not please have a look in the “Logs” folder of C:\Program Files\Autodesk\MapGuideEnterprise2007\Server and check the “Error.log” file for the reason why the server could not start.

Please let me know what happens after trying the above.

Thanks,

Bruce

Is anyone running into an issue when restarting their server or in my case laptop, and the Mapguide Service not automatically starting on reboot?  It’s set to automatic.

Thanks.

Juan Butler

RE: Mapguide Service not starting automatically

Butler, Juan P

Bruce:

Nothing in the Error.log, but other errors.  I need to get these errors looked at too.  I’ll start a new thread.

Juan Butler - Senior Programmer/Analyst
GIS Applications
Pinellas County Information Systems
[hidden email]

Is anyone running into an issue when restarting their server or in my case laptop, and the Mapguide Service not automatically starting on reboot?  It’s set to automatic.

Thanks.

Juan Butler

Re: RE: Mapguide Service not starting automatically

r0ss

Yes I too am experiencing problems, but have just chalked it up to too much trying to load on start up (i also have Oracle on this box).  The Windows event viewer states Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the MapGuide Server service to connect is the root cause.  I searched the MSDN and did not really find any solutions - so for now i am just manually strating the service after it fails.

Below are the contents of my log file

# Log Type: Error Log
# Log Parameters: CLIENT,CLIENTIP,USER,ERROR,STACKTRACE
<2006-03-15T19:42:07>    Administrator
 Error: Resource was not found: Library://ATest.WebLayout
 StackTrace:
  - MgOpGetResourceContent.Execute line 128 file c:\build_tux_area\mgdev\server\src\services\resource\OpGetResourceContent.cpp
  - MgServerResourceService.GetResourceContent line 671 file c:\build_tux_area\mgdev\server\src\services\resource\ServerResourceService.cpp
  - MgApplicationRepositoryManager.GetResourceContent line 343 file c:\build_tux_area\mgdev\server\src\services\resource\ApplicationRepositoryManager.cpp
  - MgResourceDefinitionManager.GetResource line 695 file c:\build_tux_area\mgdev\server\src\services\resource\ResourceDefinitionManager.cpp
  - MgResourceContentManager.GetDocument line 258 file c:\build_tux_area\mgdev\server\src\services\resource\ResourceContentManager.cpp
  - MgResourceDefinitionManager.GetDocument line 856 file c:\build_tux_area\mgdev\server\src\services\resource\ResourceDefinitionManager.cppResource was not found: Library://ATest.WebLayout
<2006-03-15T19:46:48>    Administrator
 Error: Resource was not found: Library://ATest.WebLayout
 StackTrace:
  - MgOpGetResourceContent.Execute line 128 file c:\build_tux_area\mgdev\server\src\services\resource\OpGetResourceContent.cpp
  - MgServerResourceService.GetResourceContent line 671 file c:\build_tux_area\mgdev\server\src\services\resource\ServerResourceService.cpp
  - MgApplicationRepositoryManager.GetResourceContent line 343 file c:\build_tux_area\mgdev\server\src\services\resource\ApplicationRepositoryManager.cpp
  - MgResourceDefinitionManager.GetResource line 695 file c:\build_tux_area\mgdev\server\src\services\resource\ResourceDefinitionManager.cpp
  - MgResourceContentManager.GetDocument line 258 file c:\build_tux_area\mgdev\server\src\services\resource\ResourceContentManager.cpp
  - MgResourceDefinitionManager.GetDocument line 856 file c:\build_tux_area\mgdev\server\src\services\resource\ResourceDefinitionManager.cppResource was not found: Library://ATest.WebLayout

> Is there any information in the MapGuide "Error.log" that might
> indicatewhy the service failed to start?
>

> Could you also try running the server from the command line to see if
> that works? (I'm just trying to see if the server can actually startup
> properly)
>

> To start the server from the command line do the following:
>

> 1) Open a "Command Prompt" windows
>
> 2) Change to the directory where the server is installed.
> Defaultis here: C:\Program
> Files\Autodesk\MapGuideEnterprise2007\Server\Bin
> 3) At the command prompt type "mgserver /interactive"
> without the
> double quotes.
>

> The server should indicate it has started. If it does not please
> have a
> look in the "Logs" folder of C:\Program
> Files\Autodesk\MapGuideEnterprise2007\Server and check the "Error.log"

> file for the reason why the server could not start.
>

> Please let me know what happens after trying the above.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Bruce
>

> _____

Yeah…I just checked the event log.  All it stated was that the “Mapguide Server services failed to start due to the following error:  The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Juan Butler

[hidden email]

> Is there any information in the MapGuide "Error.log" that might
> indicatewhy the service failed to start?
>

> Could you also try running the server from the command line to see if
> that works? (I'm just trying to see if the server can actually startup
> properly)
>

> To start the server from the command line do the following:
>

> 1) Open a "Command Prompt" windows
>
> 2) Change to the directory where the server is installed.
> Defaultis here: C:\Program
> Files\Autodesk\MapGuideEnterprise2007\Server\Bin
> 3) At the command prompt type "mgserver /interactive"
> without the
> double quotes.
>

> The server should indicate it has started. If it does not please
> have a
> look in the "Logs" folder of C:\Program
> Files\Autodesk\MapGuideEnterprise2007\Server and check the "Error.log"
> file for the reason why the server could not start.
>

> Please let me know what happens after trying the above.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Bruce
>

> _____

Thanks for the information. I’ll see if there is something we can do to let the Windows Service Control Manager allow MapGuide server longer time to start up or if we can speed up the MapGuide server start up.

Bruce