Mapguide React Layout Startup Error

techdude1996
I'm attempting to try out the react layout. I built it from source because the older release also gave me this issue. I hoped that building the latest from github would fix it, but didn't.

I am getting a 559 MgResourceNotFoundException when trying to load the map definition.

I created a basic Application Definition to test the layout out. It has one map, and cannot load it.

Mapguide shows this error up top:
"An error occurred during startup"
"Attempted to load the following resource, but it was not found: Library://Place/4_WEB/WEB.ApplicationDefinition"

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Using:
MapGuide Opensource 3.1.1.9378

Thanks

Re: Mapguide React Layout Startup Error

GordonL
Using Maestro, make sure you have the proper URL for your
ApplicationDefinition (Flexible Web Layout).

Also, the "viewer" directory should be under "MapGuide" in the www folder.

Your link is probably more like:

http://gisserver/mapguide/viewer/aqua.html?resource=Library%3A%2F%2FSamples%2FSheboygan%2FFlexibleLayouts%2FAqua.ApplicationDefinition

Re: Mapguide React Layout Startup Error

techdude1996
Sorry about the duplicate post. The first topic I posted via Nabble I didn't
think went through, so I re-sent it via email, this post.

Here's the folder structure I tried first:

inetpub
|--wwwroot
|   |--viewer

With the "viewer" directory in "wwwroot" and using
http://gisserver/viewer/sidebar.html?... loads but gives the 559
MgResourceNotFoundException.

Then I tried your advise and did this:

Program Files
|--OSGeo
|   |--MapGuide
|   |   |--Web
|   |   |   |--www
|   |   |   |   |--viewer

I then used http://gisserver/mapguide/viewer/sidebar.html?... and got the
same result as above for the same MapDefinition resource.

The URL to the ApplicationDefinition was not wrong, as mapagent.fcgi could
find it (code 200). For some reason, it just cannot find the MapDefinition.

Also, the error message that I described in the initial post was from
MapGuide, not IIS.

Re: Mapguide React Layout Startup Error

Jackie Ng
MgResourceNotFoundException may be mask for the fact that one (or more)
resources the Map Definition depends on does not exist (ie. A missing layer)

If you have MapGuide Maestro, validate that the Map Definition does not
reference any Layer Definitions that don't exist, and if there are broken
layers, fix them up.

- Jackie

Re: Mapguide React Layout Startup Error

techdude1996
Thanks Jackie. I validated the map and found that a layer could not be found,
because it was renamed. When I fixed the layer, the webpage loaded just
fine.

Thanks again,
Ethan