Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

123

RE: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

doug709
I am running this viewer with one of my maps and it runs very well except for the layer browser. The issue is with expanding a layer which contains sublayers. When I click on such a layer it switches to the loading animation and does not advance further. The list of sublayers does not expand out like on your demo site. I've been looking at the source and am pretty stumped about why this is happening. Does anyone have any ideas what is going wrong?

Re: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

Rémy Gourrat
Hi,

You're not alone.

I never take the time to describe it but it's same for my maps too.

Rémy Gourrat

AG-Carto - Bayonne

RE: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

Srecko Lipovsek

I put one fix into jqueryLayerTree.aspx.
You can get it at:
https://github.com/sreckolipovsek/KaliopaMobileViewer/blob/master/jqueryLayerTree.aspx

Let me know if it helps ;)

RE: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

Rémy Gourrat

Hi Srecko,

It’s fine with this new code.

Another remark, it’s very difficult to see difference between a layer On or a layer Off on small

display like iphone 4, i think it will better to use dark grey for unchecked symbol png.

I change for it on my server

Thanks a lot again.

Cordialement

Rémy Gourrat

AG-CARTO

AG-Carto - Bayonne

Unfortunately these changes break the functionality completely on my installation. The layer browser now is completely empty with the updated jqueryLayerTree.aspx

Re: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

Rémy Gourrat
I had this problem too.

But I edit the code manually of the old jqueryLayerTree.aspx to make a new

Like it describe under Github at this page :

https://github.com/sreckolipovsek/KaliopaMobileViewer/commit/44f65914ca1e3e717f421a67d6dba1453678c119

and finally it's running.

I think because we have copied the code directly from the webpage without use Github to download the file correctly...

Rémy Gourrat

AG-Carto - Bayonne

Re: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

Srecko Lipovsek
Thanks Jackie, Steve, Doug, Stuart, Steve G, Sirjeet, Rémy and others for feedback.

I'm just asking how many of you found this Mobile Viewer usable in real projects?

What are your wishes, problems, ...

Perhaps we can rise this project for one level with few improvements, new functions, ...

I would like to have some feedback.

Re: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

Jackie Ng
What I'd like to see in this viewer:

 1. Embrace the use of responsive design. I think it's possible to achieve something that resembles the AJAX viewer with the classic 3 column layout on a desktop/tablet that nicely collapses down to just the viewer on a phone, with the legend and task pane columns hidden but exposing toggle buttons on the edge that you can use to "pull" that panel in and to "push" it back out. Of course using responsive design brings the IE question into play, but this is a mobile viewer right? Who'd use a mobile viewer in IE anyway? :)

 2. Have a PHP backend for the viewer as well. Not because I like PHP, but because PHP is required for both Windows and Linux versions of MapGuide, having a PHP backend means you can make this viewer available on both Windows and Linux versions of MapGuide.

- Jackie

RE: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

naish666

I follow all instalations steps, but I view blank map like Steve G.

http://localhost/mobile/?WEBLAYOUT=Library://Samples/Sheboygan/Layouts/SheboyganAsp.WebLayout

But show Scale 1:49K and no maps...

Can you help me?

Thank You.

Ok, It is IIS configuration problema, now it Works!!!!

Attempting to use it in a real project but I'm pretty new to everything. My current issue is how do you get the server to send JPG maps instead of PNG?

Re: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

Srecko Lipovsek
Hi,

Go to Default.debug.js to line 520 and change 'PNG' to 'JPG' ...
After that run 00_minifyJS.bat for minification (get file Default.min.js).

If you will use JPG, transparency will not work ...
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9147883/only-png-supports-transparency-is-that-true

RE: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

Steve Golden
Can you explain how you resolved the IIS configuration problem?  I put this aside a while ago and never got back to it.  I recall trying to change some settings in IIS, but never got a positive result.

Thanks,

Steve
123