Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

123

RE: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

Jackie Ng
Hi Srecko,

I'm no lawyer, but a simple layman's explanation would be:

MIT/BSD: Do whatever you want with the code, just give me (you/your company) written credit for it.

LGPL: If you modify this code, you're legally obligated to release these modifications under LGPL. If you link/reference this code, the code linking/referencing it does not have to be released under LGPL

GPL: If you modify this code, you're legally obligated to release these modifications under the same licensing terms. If you link/reference this code, that code also has to be released under the GPL.

My personal views about the above licenses:

I default to LGPL for desktop-based software/libs because you're free to use my stuff un-modified with no obligations, but if you do modify my stuff, I'd like these changes to be made publicly available as well.

GPL is a bit too extreme for me because I don't want to impose my licensing terms on your code that's using my lib/framework. GPL is said to be "viral" for this very reason and why I think it's a terrible license for web applications/libraries/frameworks IMO. Sencha licenses their code under GPL and that's why I don't touch it with a 10 foot pole, no matter how attractive that framework is.

MIT/BSD is a bit too liberal for me because I don't want my works to be free-loaded without some level of reciprocated contributions. LGPL enforces this. MIT/BSD does not.

So I'd pick between MIT, BSD or LGPL. LGPL if you care about people contributing back. MIT/BSD if you don't. Or you can license your code under multiple licenses and the user can choose which license they want to use your code under.

But yeah, putting your code on github/bitbucket/googlecode/etc will encourage external contributions from other developers.

My 2c.

- Jackie

RE: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

Srecko Lipovsek

Hi Jackie,

Thank you for explanation about OS license models. It was very helpful.

I think that LGPL will be ok.

Thanks to you and all other Mapguide OS contributors Mapguide OS become really great and widely known.

I hope that this code will help to make Mapguide even better.

I create GITHUB repository for our Mobile Viewer.

It is available at:

https://github.com/sreckolipovsek/KaliopaMobileViewer

In next few days I will put some new things into it. It is not yet last version.

RE: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

Srecko Lipovsek

I put some new things into it.
-Chose layer to selet if more than one is turned on while selecting by line or polygon
-Modified Geolocation
-...

All is available at GITHUB: https://github.com/sreckolipovsek/KaliopaMobileViewer

PS: I will need a litle help to put it to codesamples wiki ...

RE: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

Steve Golden
I added a new wiki page under the Other section:

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/CodeSamples

You can open that wiki page and edit as necessary, but maybe not necessary since there is some information on the github page (there should be an "Edit This Page" button at the bottom).  Prior to editing, you need to be logged into the trac system.

It looks like your mobile example has a little bit of interest just judging by the number of views for this thread.

Steve

RE: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

Srecko Lipovsek
Thanks Steve.

I added some text to wiki page.

Re: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

doug709
This is a great viewer you have made. I am trying to get it up and running locally so I can play around with it. I've got it working... sort of. I can get it to load with no error messages but I get a map with Scale 1:0 which is just brown. I am specifying WEBLAYOUT in the URL like you would for mapviewerajax, as is stated in the installation instructions. I have tried a variety of different .WebLayouts but none will work properly. What would be the procedure to get a working web layout from the Sheboygan sample map? Thanks for reading.

RE: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

Srecko Lipovsek

Hi,

I suppose you are using coordinate system with degree units.

I create patch which handles also other unit types than meter.

Just download code again from GITHub repository: https://github.com/sreckolipovsek/KaliopaMobileViewer

Sorry for troubles and thank you for post and warning.

Let me know if it is working now.

RE: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

doug709
It works now, thank you.

Re: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

RDBauer
Jonathon,

You had mentioned that you had implemented MG natively. Can you by any chance share what you did to at least get me started? We are trying to implement an app for Android and possibly iOS that will have MG available offline and just don't know where to start. We have thought about PhoneGap but again don't know where to start. We have created mg-desktop successfully and want to do the same type of thing with tablets.

Any help you or anyone else can give would be greatly appreciated.

Rich

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 6:56 PM, GIS4U <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Brad,
Sounds like a fun project.

I would agree with Srecko that implementing the functionality can be done with HTML5 or native. Not having worked with the code Srecko has generously made available I can't comment on it specifically.

We have done both (HTML/JS and native) and each are equally functional but depend on what your end goal would be. The biggest challenge with offline IMO is the synchronization.

To keep things simple we focussed on GeoJSON and an HTML5 canvas. GeoJSON can be generated in a number of ways and is easy to work with.

Good luck,
Jonathon
On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 10:13 AM, BradM <[hidden email]> wrote:
Would it be easy to capture a photo, a coordinate and about 10 attributes and
attribute values using the mobile app?    Also, if it is not possible to be
connected to the internet when capturing the data,  is it possible to create
a form and store the data on the mobile device until a connection is
possible? When the connection is possible, the data could then be uploaded
to SQL server... Is that functionality possible?

thanks

Re: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

StuartSteel
Great work Srecko, works very well.

I do have one query though, the layer tree seems to show all layers, including hidden/invisible. In order to keep my mobile legend the same as the full AJAX viewer legend I'd prefer hidden/out-of-scale layers to remain hidden.

I tried changing getLayers() and getLayerGroups() methods in jqueryLayerTree.aspx to getLayers(true) and getLayerGroups(true) for onlyVisible, but this just causes a compilation error. I am no coder so I am probably being stupid here. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Stuart

RE: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

Srecko Lipovsek

Hi Stuart,

Actually Layer visibility depends on Scale Ranges and current scale, so I should rewrite jqueryLayerTree.aspx to check this parameter to and return only layers that are visible at specific scale …

This is a little of extra work. I will create new file jqueryLayerTree.aspx and let you know in short …

Thanks …

Srecko L.

RE: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

Srecko Lipovsek

Hi Stuart,

I just upload modified file jqueryLayerTree.aspx to GITHUB repository.

Just download it again and replace old one …

https://github.com/sreckolipovsek/KaliopaMobileViewer/blob/master/jqueryLayerTree.aspx

There is extra check if layer is visible at current scale.

I also enable legend image in tree. You can disable it in line 95 and uncomment line 98.

Srecko L.

RE: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

StuartSteel
Hi Srecko,

That works really well, and the legend icon in the layer control widget is really useful, thanks!

One last query, is it possible to also check the map definition to see whether or not each group/layer is shown in the map legend? Sometimes we hide layers and groups so that the user cannot turn them on and off or see them in the legend, but these groups and layers currently show up in the mobile layer control widget.

Thanks for such a quick response :)

Stuart

RE: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

Srecko Lipovsek

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I put new jqueryLayerTree.aspx to GITHUB where DisplayInLegend is also checked on layers and groups.

Thanks again.

Srecko L.

RE: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

StuartSteel
Works perfectly, thanks Srecko! If there is anything else I notice, I'll let you know...

Stuart

RE: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

Steve Golden
This post was updated on .
I have finally gotten around to installing this mobile viewer.  I am currently using MGOS 2.5 on Win2008 server (64bit).  I have followed the install instructions, and using the following url string to view the map (kaliopa is the application folder):

http://servername/kaliopa/?WEBLAYOUT=Library://Samples/Sheboygan/Layouts/SheboyganAsp.WebLayout&LOCALE=en

All seems to be working but the actual map image is not displaying on the screen.  I can view the available layers in the legend, but again the map is not displaying.

Any suggestions?

Steve G

RE: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

Srecko Lipovsek
Hi Steve,

In the meantime, I made some corrections.
Did you get last version from GITHUB?

RE: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

Sirjeet
Hi Srecko,
I am able to see my map without any error but when I click the "Locate me" button it opens a message box telling website says geolocation was blocked by the user.
I am able to see my location on Google maps etc.
Any thoughts?
Thanks

RE: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

Srecko Lipovsek

Hi Sirjeet,

I think that your browser blocks access to Geolocation.

Take a look at HTML5 Geolocation API and search for error code PERMISSION_DENIED …

http://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_geolocation.asp

Hope it helps.

RE: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

Sirjeet
Thanks Srecko!
Changing the browser's security settings fixed the problem.
Thanks agian
123