Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

123

Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

Srecko Lipovsek
This post was updated on .
Hi,
Some time ago we dig into Autodesk Mobile Viewer application, but with no success.
So month ago, we put together very simple OpenLayers and jQuery layout that is suitable for classic browsers and also for touch mobile devices.

It is not finished jet. It need some design, testing, ...
Perhaps information how we start may be useful to someone while developing MG for mobile.

Some Applications from our server:
- Sheboygan Map: http://gis.iobcina.si/gisapp/m/Default.aspx?a=sheboygan
- Municipality Bled (Slovenia): http://gis.iobcina.si/gisapp/m/Default.aspx?a=bled&locale=en

Technology:
-OpenLayers 2.11 (custom build for better performance)
-jQuery and jQuery UI
-.NET Server Side

Features:
-Tabbed Full Screen jQuery Layout
-Optimized for Mobile devices (iPad, iPhone, Android, ...). Works also on desktop browsers...
-Layer Panel (jQuery FileTree)
-Legend Panel
-Selection by:
        -Point
        -Line
        -Polygon
-Locate Me and Track my Location
-Measure Area and Distance

Other Features (.NET):
-Print
-Reports
-Themes
-Multilanguage Support
-WMS Base Layers

YOUTOUBE VIDEO of Kaliopa Mobile Viewer

GITHUB repository

ABOUT page

Re: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

Thomas Lorenzon
Very good work.

Do you think you can share it? We are searching for a mapguide mobile viewer and Autodesk Mobile Viewer is not as good as we aspected to be..

Thomas

Il giorno lunedì 30 aprile 2012, Srecko Lipovsek ha scritto:
[...]

Jackie Ng
OpenLayers 2.11 and newer versions make presenting a MapGuide map on a mobile device dead simple.

The only real hard work should you take the OpenLayers route, is the mapguide-specific functionality around it (legend, tooltips, selection)

- Jackie

Re: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

Srecko Lipovsek
Yes, like Jackie said, making Mobile App upon MG since OL 2.11 is quite simple task. We put it together in just few days. For those MG extra functionalities (selection, layer, tooltip, …) we use some existing JavaScript functions from ajaxmappane.templ.

Just a taught, should also such simple (OL - mobile  ready) layout be part of MG while growing mobile users?

Creating mobileajaxmappane.templ and corresponding aspx/php/java files should be enough.

What do you think?

Srecko L.

Re: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

Greg
I read this thread with great interest.  We too have a very simple mobile viewer app based on openlayers with a Bing and Google base layers and Mapguide map as an overlay.  Controls are available to switch between base layers and for zooming, but that is as far as we have taken it.

I am wondering if there a way to add mapguide layers to the map so entities on those layers can be selected?  Ideally we would select and entity, retrieve information on the entity from a database and display it.  Are you aware of an example that does something like this?  Is it even possible?

Greg

Re: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

Srecko Lipovsek
This post was updated on .
Hi,

Actualy we did also this in this application.
Try it at Sheboygan Map sample from our server: http://gis.iobcina.si/gisapp/m/Default.aspx?a=sheboygan

Switch to second tab, there are three butons, witch enables selection by point, line and/or polygon.

After selection is done, tooltip opens ant there is button that enable displaying attributes ...

We just add another OL MG layer with parameter behavior = 5, copy some JS code from ajaxmappane.templ and get some parameters from OL (create WKT geometry) ...

This was just our aspect ...

Srecko L.

Re: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

naish666
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

naish666
Hello,

It is possible to share your files of mobile viewer?

Thank you.

Re: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

Srecko Lipovsek
Yes,  I can prepare files for mobile viewer.

They are written in Asp.NET.

I need some time to prepare version without our login and permission system...

I will post link to files  next week...

Re: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

naish666
Thank you.

Re: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

naish666
Hello,

Any new?

Regards

Re: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

Srecko Lipovsek
Hi,

Sory for late response ...

I prepare source of our Mobile Viewer for download.

Instructions and download link is here:
http://gis.iobcina.si/gisapp/kaliopamobileviewer/

Enjoy :)

Re: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

lunab54
Very interesting !

Is it necessary to run it on MapGuide 2.4 or it's running on 2.2 too ?

thanks

Re: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

Srecko Lipovsek
Actualy we are using it on MG 2.2.

It should work on 2.4 to, but I have not try jet ...

Re: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

BradM
Would it be easy to capture a photo, a coordinate and about 10 attributes and attribute values using the mobile app?    Also, if it is not possible to be connected to the internet when capturing the data,  is it possible to create a form and store the data on the mobile device until a connection is possible? When the connection is possible, the data could then be uploaded to SQL server... Is that functionality possible?

thanks

RE: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

Srecko Lipovsek
This post was updated on .
Hi.
Capture photo, coordinate, add some attributes and save everything to server over web site is not hard while you are online!
Actualy we are doing exactly that whit this application.

But offline mode is not so easy to implement.
Theoreticaly offline mode can be done with HTML5 and local store, but there are other problems using this aproach (limited size of local store, where to store photo, synhronization, local cache of map images for use in offline mode, ... ).

I think (personaly) that beter way is native (or hybrid - PhoneGAP - Cordova) mobile application (for IOS, Android, Windows, ...), because there you have everyting under control.

Re: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

Johnnie GIS
Hi Brad,
Sounds like a fun project.

I would agree with Srecko that implementing the functionality can be done with HTML5 or native. Not having worked with the code Srecko has generously made available I can't comment on it specifically.

We have done both (HTML/JS and native) and each are equally functional but depend on what your end goal would be. The biggest challenge with offline IMO is the synchronization.

To keep things simple we focussed on GeoJSON and an HTML5 canvas. GeoJSON can be generated in a number of ways and is easy to work with.

Good luck,
Jonathon
On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 10:13 AM, BradM <[hidden email]> wrote:
Would it be easy to capture a photo, a coordinate and about 10 attributes and
attribute values using the mobile app?    Also, if it is not possible to be
connected to the internet when capturing the data,  is it possible to create
a form and store the data on the mobile device until a connection is
possible? When the connection is possible, the data could then be uploaded
to SQL server... Is that functionality possible?

thanks

Re: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

Jackie Ng
Hi Srecko,

I've finally taken a look at this mobile viewer. Very slick and impressive!

Is this code released under an open source license? If so, which license (MIT? GPL? LGPL? ...)?

Do you have a github/bitbucket/googlecode repo for this?

- Jackie

RE: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

Srecko Lipovsek
This post was updated on .
Hi Jackie,

I'm not detailed familiar with OS license models :)
Let say it is same like Mapguide (GNU LGPL  - General Public License - like Mapguide OS). I will wrote down ...

I was thinking about github while creating this. For now there is only ZIP download at http://gis.iobcina.si/gisapp/kaliopamobileviewer

In a mid while I create some new things ... now I have to update this version and it is right time to put everything to github. I will try this weekend ...

Jackie, thank you for your suggestions ....

RE: Mapgiude OS Mobile Viewer

Steve Golden
Just a thought...since you are offering this code to the mapguide user community, perhaps you can add a short page to the wiki:

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/CodeSamples

so that all users may be able to find it in the future.  Perhaps a better place for the actual code will be github, but you can just link to it from the wiki.

I agree with Jackie...slick!

Steve
123