Mapfile in ms4w

Radhika-4

  Hi,
     Maximum limit of mapfile is 200 layers, but I want to add
     more than 200 layers.What modifications I need to make
     so that I can use more than 200 layers in mapfile.
     Please help me to come out of this problem.

  Thanks & Regards
     radhika.

NOTICE: This e-mail message including any attachment (collectively the "e-mail")
may contain privileged and confidential information. Except for personal use  by
the intended recipient, or as expressly authorized by the sender, any person who
receives this information is prohibited from disclosure, copy, distribute, or
take of any action in reliance on the contents of this e-mailed information.  If
you are not the intended recipient, then please (i) do not read, forward, print,
copy or otherwise disseminate this e-mail, (ii) notify us of the error by a reply,
and (iii) delete this e-mail from your computer. Nothing in this communication is
intended to operate as an electronic signature under applicable law. Compare
Infobase will not be responsible for loss or damage arising from the use of the
information transmitted by this email including damage from virus or some other
third party intervention

Re: Mapfile in ms4w

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS)-2
You need to change the Mapserver source code and recompile, file map.h:

#define MS_MAXLAYERS 200

Btw, it's better not to have so many layers, why don't you split up your MAP
files instead?

Best regards,
Bart

--
Bart van den Eijnden
OSGIS, Open Source GIS

>      Maximum limit of mapfile is 200 layers, but I want to add
>      more than 200 layers.What modifications I need to make
>      so that I can use more than 200 layers in mapfile.
>      Please help me to come out of this problem.
>
>   Thanks &amp; Regards
>      radhika.

> NOTICE: This e-mail message including any attachment (collectively the
&quot;e-mail&quot;)
> may contain privileged and confidential information. Except for personal
use  by
> the intended recipient, or as expressly authorized by the sender, any
person who
> receives this information is prohibited from disclosure, copy, distribute,
or
> take of any action in reliance on the contents of this e-mailed
information.  If
> you are not the intended recipient, then please (i) do not read, forward,
print,
> copy or otherwise disseminate this e-mail, (ii) notify us of the error by
a reply,
> and (iii) delete this e-mail from your computer. Nothing in this
communication is
> intended to operate as an electronic signature under applicable law.
Compare
> Infobase will not be responsible for loss or damage arising from the use
of the
> information transmitted by this email including damage from virus or some
other
> third party intervention

Mapfile in ms4w

Radhika-4
Hi Bart,
     I am using mapserver version 4.8 , is it possible
     with this version? Can u please suggest me a syntax
     for splitting mapfile if this can solve my problem.

Thanks & Regards
  radhika.

On Wed, November 8, 2006 6:42 am, Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) wrote:

> You need to change the Mapserver source code and recompile, file map.h:
>

> #define MS_MAXLAYERS 200
>

> Btw, it's better not to have so many layers, why don't you split up your
> MAP
> files instead?
>
> Best regards,
> Bart
>

> --
> Bart van den Eijnden
> OSGIS, Open Source GIS
> http://www.osgis.nl

failure in mapserv execution

athanasis_nikos
Re: [ms4w-users] Mapfile in ms4w
Hi,

After carefully following all instructions of how to build mapserver in a linux environmet (URL: http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/verboselinuxinstall), I come to the last point,where all i have to do is execute the mapserv executable.

However, the following occurs:

[root@localhost mapserver-4.8.1]# /usr/local/apache2/cgi-bin/mapserv
/usr/local/apache2/cgi-bin/mapserv: error while loading shared libraries: libpq.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

instead of :"This script can only be used to decode form results and should be initiated as a CGI process via a httpd server."

does anyone please have any idea about this? All steps until the mapserver execution have successfully done, and my environment variables (e.g. LD_LIBRARY_PATH) have been set ok.

Best regards,

Athanasis Nikolaos
Postgraduate Student
University of the Aegean