Mapcache question

James_in_Utah
I'm trying to set up mapcache, and one of the clients I'm testing with is the Beeldblad shockwave client.  For some reason, I can't get the beeldblad client to include the service=wms parameter in the GetMap request.  This doesn't seem to be a problem when hitting MapServer, but MapCache refuses to respond to the request.  This is the error in the error log:
[Sat Nov 16 08:53:18 2013] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] received wms request with no service param
If I hit the mapserver directly, I get a map, the access log shows the getmap request, with no "service=wms" parameter, but no error is generated in the error log.  I don't think this is related to MS4W, but I thought I would ask.  Is there some way to force the parameter in the httpd.conf file using setenv?
Thanks,
James