Mapcache WMTS - imagery is offset in ArcGIS when using WMTS services.

Mapcache WMTS - imagery is offset in ArcGIS when using WMTS services.

Mark  Volz

Hello,

I noticed that WMTS services are extremely fast when using Mapcache to serve tiles to ArcGIS clients.  However, the imagery appears to be shifted down significantly from the actual location.   I did notice that Mapserver and Mapcache use a 72 DPI while ArcGIS is using a 90.714 DPI.  In addition the image is the correct width and height.  In addition, when I use WMS the imagery appears in the correct location, however it is not as fast as WMTS.

Please let me know if there is a way to get ArcGIS to place imagery in the correct location when using WMTS and Mapcache.

Thanks

Sincerely,

Mark Volz, GISP

Lyon County GIS Coordinator

Re: Mapcache WMTS - imagery is offset in ArcGIS when using WMTS services.

Lime, Steve D (MNIT)

The resolution doesn’t matter. That just impacts scale computations internally so when layers/classes are on/off and how symbol/font scaling is done.

I just tried our Compass MapCache/WTMS service overlaid with a shapefile in UTM projected appropriately and they line up perfectly in ArcGIS 10.6. You can try it too with your data since you’re in MN (http://maps1.dnr.state.mn.us/mapcache/wmts/1.0.0/WMTSCapabilities.xml). Does it behave any differently for you?

--Steve