Mapcache: Modifying GoogleMapsCompatible grid?

Mapcache: Modifying GoogleMapsCompatible grid?

Mark  Volz

Hello,

Within Mapcache, Is it considered “good form” to modify the GoogleMapsCompatible grid to add additional resolutions so we can zoom in closer to the map?  Will I just need to override the grid in mapcache.xml, or will I need to create a new grid by copying the parameters on https://mapserver.org/mapcache/config.html?

Background:

WMS seems to work in ArcMap using any MapCache grid (UTM 15N, Lyon County, Google, WGS84).  However when using WMTS, ArcMap only displays the Google and WGS 84 grids in the correct location.  Therefore I plan on using the GoogleMapsCompatible grid until the issue with ArcMap is resolved, but I would like to zoom in closer on the map.

Thanks

Sincerely,

Mark Volz, GISP

Lyon County GIS Coordinator

Re: Mapcache: Modifying GoogleMapsCompatible grid?

Lime, Steve D (MNIT)

I would create a new grid, coping from the default grid, and then add additional zoom levels…