Mapbuilder is not work on Chrome?

PaulToan
Hi all,
My map is not work (don't load anything). It run OK in FF and IE.
Before, where I use Chrome beta, it can work. But now It is not work, and I don't know how to debug JavaScript in Chrome. I try opening JavaScript Debugger, but I don't know how to use it.
Please help me.

--
   Nguyễn Đình Toán

Re: Mapbuilder is not work on Chrome?

Andreas Hocevar-2
Hi,

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 3:11 AM, Toan Nguyen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
> My map is not work (don't load anything). It run OK in FF and IE.
> Before, where I use Chrome beta, it can work. But now It is not work, and I
> don't know how to debug JavaScript in Chrome. I try opening JavaScript
> Debugger, but I don't know how to use it.
> Please help me.

Are you working with the latest trunk version? Remember that
Mapbuilder was designed for the Gecko and Microsoft rendering engines.
Geomatys put some efforts into making it work on Safari (Webkit) and
Opera, but I'm not sure if this work was fully completed.

Regards,
Andreas.

--
Andreas Hocevar
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/

Update on final release date? UNCLASSIFIED

Graham, Darren

forgive me if this has already been posted, but can anyone tell me when I can get my hands on the final release of mapbuilder?  the web site hasn't been updated in ages and the nightly build link is down.
The most recent version is 1.5rc2 dated april 2008!

many thanks in advance.

Darren Graham

Re: Update on final release date? UNCLASSIFIED

Andreas Hocevar
Hi,

we noticed almost no more traffic on our mailing list and issue tracker
since we announced the retirement of the project, so there were no
further efforts to do the final 1.5 release.

I would be willing to do this release if I get a vote from at least
let's say 10 users, with a link to an application where they use
Mapbuilder, plus feedback on the 1.5rc2 release on which the final
release would be based.

Feel free to send out a call for votes to the users list or other
appropriate places.

Regards,
Andreas.

Graham, Darren wrote:

> Hi,
>
> forgive me if this has already been posted, but can anyone tell me
> when I can get my hands on the final release of mapbuilder?  the web
> site hasn't been updated in ages and the nightly build link is down.
> The most recent version is 1.5rc2 dated april 2008!
>
> many thanks in advance.
>
> *Darren Graham*

> Stay on top of everything new and different, both inside and
> around Java (TM) technology - register by April 22, and save
> $200 on the JavaOne (SM) conference, June 2-5, 2009, San Francisco.
> 300 plus technical and hands-on sessions. Register today.
> Use priority code J9JMT32. http://p.sf.net/sfu/p

Re: Update on final release date? UNCLASSIFIED

Josh Hevenor-3
I'd put my support behind a 1.5 final release. I've just upgraded a 1.0 application to 1.5rc would feel better with proper release version.  My projects have taken me to the MapScript side of the web based GIS world lately so I haven't had as much interaction with MapBuilder since the 1.0 release.  The move to 1.5 was made for FF3 support. In the change I've added some result filtering using a dynamic SLD. I've found that this doesn't work (no results returned) in IE6 but no problems with IE7 or FF.

The site overall received 20-30k visitors a month and the web mapping pages are some of the most popular.

Production URL (v1.0): http://www.eman-rese.ca/mapbuilder/apps/frogwatch/index.phtml?language=english

Development URL (v1.5):  http://emandev.cciw.ca/mapbuilder1p5/mapbuilder/examples/frogwatch/index.phtml

Thanks,

Josh Hevenor

Andreas Hocevar wrote:
Hi,

we noticed almost no more traffic on our mailing list and issue tracker
since we announced the retirement of the project, so there were no
further efforts to do the final 1.5 release.

I would be willing to do this release if I get a vote from at least
let's say 10 users, with a link to an application where they use
Mapbuilder, plus feedback on the 1.5rc2 release on which the final
release would be based.

Feel free to send out a call for votes to the users list or other
appropriate places.

Regards,
Andreas.

Graham, Darren wrote:

Hi,

forgive me if this has already been posted, but can anyone tell me
when I can get my hands on the final release of mapbuilder?  the web
site hasn't been updated in ages and the nightly build link is down.
The most recent version is 1.5rc2 dated april 2008!

many thanks in advance.

*Darren Graham*

Re: Mapbuilder is not work on Chrome?

Magalie
Hi list,

I want to make my application working on Safari. I've read a few posts about this subject but I don't understand how to do that.

Can somebody help me ?

Thanks in advance.
Magalie.

Andreas Hocevar-2 wrote
Hi,

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 3:11 AM, Toan Nguyen <ngdinhtoan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> My map is not work (don't load anything). It run OK in FF and IE.
> Before, where I use Chrome beta, it can work. But now It is not work, and I
> don't know how to debug JavaScript in Chrome. I try opening JavaScript
> Debugger, but I don't know how to use it.
> Please help me.

Are you working with the latest trunk version? Remember that
Mapbuilder was designed for the Gecko and Microsoft rendering engines.
Geomatys put some efforts into making it work on Safari (Webkit) and
Opera, but I'm not sure if this work was fully completed.

Regards,
Andreas.

--
Andreas Hocevar
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/

Re: Mapbuilder is not work on Chrome?

dnbphysicist
I suspect Chrome, like Safari does not support XSLT (from a JS Processor) so none of the style sheet transformations that Map Builder relies on will work (for layer list, etc.). The underlying logic built into OpenLayers will work on every browser I have tried though: http://www.openlayers.org.

Andreas Hocevar-2 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 3:11 AM, Toan Nguyen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> My map is not work (don't load anything). It run OK in FF and IE.
>> Before, where I use Chrome beta, it can work. But now It is not work, and
>> don't know how to debug JavaScript in Chrome. I try opening JavaScript
>> Debugger, but I don't know how to use it.
>> Please help me.
>
> Are you working with the latest trunk version? Remember that
> Mapbuilder was designed for the Gecko and Microsoft rendering engines.
> Geomatys put some efforts into making it work on Safari (Webkit) and
> Opera, but I'm not sure if this work was fully completed.
>
> Regards,
> Andreas.
>

> --
> Andreas Hocevar
> OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/

web http://www.hyxspace.com
aim hyx1138

Re: Mapbuilder is not work on Chrome?

Magalie
And what about "webkit" on Safari with Geomatys' work ?

If MapBuilder works thanks to "webkit", how can I use this library ?

Best regards.

<quote author="Robert Hicks">

Magalie wrote:
> And what about "webkit" on Safari with Geomatys' work ?

Jean-Sebastien Baklouti of Geomatys tried to include client-side XSL
transformation support to Sarissa, using Javeline. See
http://dev.abiss.gr/sarissa/howtos.html#javeline. Browse the dev list
archive to find more information on these efforts. Jean-Sebastien has
left Geomatys soon after he was able to make some of the Mapbuilder
examples work in a now outdated version of Safari.

Current versions of Safari and Chrome should have client-side XSL
support, but that seems incompatible with the Sarissa version used in
Mapbuilder 1.5.

> If MapBuilder works thanks to "webkit", how can I use this library ?

WebKit is the rendering engine that browsers like Safari and Chrome
use.  Sarissa is the library that Mapbuilder uses for abstraction of
client-side XSLT.

Nobody has investigated why Mapbuilder does not work with recent WebKit
browsers. Maybe there is a simple fix, maybe it is just not worth the
effort.

The development team of Mapbuilder has retired and moved to other
solutions for web-based GIS solutions. But if someone wants to continue
work on Mapbuilder and has a patch to prove their skills (making it work
in WebKit would definitely be a proof), the Project Steering Committee
will be happy to give them trunk access and the ability to create new
releases.

Regards,
Andreas.