Mapbuilder and firefox 3: dissapearing widgets and not working vector popup

Mapbuilder and firefox 3: dissapearing widgets and not working vector popup

G. Tiemens
Since the firefox 3 a lot of problems occurred to my mapbuilder application. Firstly i upgraded to 1.5 rc2.

The firebug problem is known to me, and put aside. Its pretty nasty to debug without, but ok.

But even when firebug is off, and a clean install of firefox 3 (no addons, new profile), i am still running into problems. The widgets are not appearing and the map is unresponsive. The vectors i'm drawing are displayed, but do not have the popups that are defined.

Can someone give me some help figuring out where i made some mistakes in upgrading to 1.5 rc2 (i came from rc1).  Below i will post my config file.

For the info: the same configuration works well in IE6, IE7, FF2.

Config file:

__________________________

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
<MapbuilderConfig version="0.2.1" id="referenceTemplate" xmlns="http://mapbuilder.sourceforge.net/mapbuilder" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
  xsi:schemaLocation="http://mapbuilder.sourceforge.net/mapbuilder mapbuilder/lib/schemas/config.xsd">

  <models>
    <Context id="mainMap">
      <defaultModelUrl>config/a12infrastructuur.xml</defaultModelUrl>
      <widgets>
        <MapPaneOL id="mainMapWidget">
          <htmlTagId>mainMapPane</htmlTagId>
          <fixedSize>true</fixedSize>
          <resolutions>1400.00365346073, 700.00182673036704, 280.00073069214699, 140.00036534607301, 70.000182673036704, 28.0000730692147, 14.0000365346073, 7.0000182673036697, 2.8000073069214699</resolutions>
        </MapPaneOL>
        <Version id="version" />
        <Legend id="legendWidget">
               <htmlTagId>legendControl</htmlTagId>
               <stylesheet>config/LegendOpaque.xsl</stylesheet>
        </Legend>
        <LegendGraphic id="legendGraphic"/>
        <PanZoomBar id="PanZoomWidget" />
      </widgets>
      <tools>
        <History id="extentHistory"/>
      </tools>
      <nodeSelectXpath>/wmc:ViewContext/wmc:LayerList/wmc:Layer</nodeSelectXpath>
    </Context>
    <FeatureCollection id="featureCollection">
        <widgets>
        <TipWidgetOL id="featurePopup">
          <stylesheet>config/custompopup.xsl</stylesheet>
          <width>230</width>
          <height>200</height>
          <opacity>0.8</opacity>
          <backgroundColor>#D0D0D0</backgroundColor>
          <border>1px solid black</border>
        </TipWidgetOL>
        <GmlRendererOL id="testGmlRenderer">
          <targetModel>mainMap</targetModel>
          <sldModel>sld</sldModel>
          <featureOnHover>featurePopup</featureOnHover>
          <featureOnClick>featurePopup</featureOnClick>
        </GmlRendererOL>
      </widgets>
      <tools>
        <FeatureSelectHandler id="featureHighlighter">
          <targetModel>mainMap</targetModel>
        </FeatureSelectHandler>

      </tools>
      <namespace>xmlns:gml='http://www.opengis.net/gml' xmlns:wfs='http://www.opengis.net/wfs' xmlns:osm='Http://www.openlayers.org/osm'</namespace>
    </FeatureCollection>
    <StyledLayerDescriptor id="sld">
      <defaultModelUrl>config/features.sld</defaultModelUrl>
    </StyledLayerDescriptor>
  </models>
  <widgets>
    <ZoomIn id="zoomIn">
      <buttonBar>mainButtonBar</buttonBar>
      <targetModel>mainMap</targetModel>
      <class>RadioButton</class>
      <enabledSrc>/images/ZoomInEnable.png</enabledSrc>
      <disabledSrc>/images/ZoomInDisable.png</disabledSrc>
    </ZoomIn>
    <ZoomOut id="zoomOut">
      <buttonBar>mainButtonBar</buttonBar>
      <targetModel>mainMap</targetModel>
      <class>RadioButton</class>
      <enabledSrc>/images/ZoomOutEnable.png</enabledSrc>
      <disabledSrc>/images/ZoomOutDisable.png</disabledSrc>
    </ZoomOut>
    <DragPan id="dragPan">
      <buttonBar>mainButtonBar</buttonBar>
      <targetModel>mainMap</targetModel>
      <class>RadioButton</class>
      <selected>true</selected>
      <enabledSrc>/images/PanEnable.png</enabledSrc>
      <disabledSrc>/images/PanDisable.png</disabledSrc>
    </DragPan>
    <Back id="back">
      <buttonBar>mainButtonBar</buttonBar>
      <targetModel>mainMap</targetModel>
      <class>Button</class>
      <disabledSrc>/images/UndoDisable.png</disabledSrc>
    </Back>
    <Forward id="forward">
      <buttonBar>mainButtonBar</buttonBar>
      <targetModel>mainMap</targetModel>
      <class>Button</class>
      <disabledSrc>/images/RedoDisable.png</disabledSrc>
    </Forward>
    <Reset id="reset">
      <buttonBar>mainButtonBar</buttonBar>
      <targetModel>mainMap</targetModel>
      <class>Button</class>
      <disabledSrc>/images/ResetExtentDisable.png</disabledSrc>
    </Reset>
   </widgets>
  <skinDir>mapbuilder/lib/skin/default</skinDir>
  <proxyUrl>mbproxy</proxyUrl>
</MapbuilderConfig>

Re: Mapbuilder and firefox 3: dissapearing widgets and not working vector popup

Andreas Hocevar
Hi,

On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 5:18 PM, G. Tiemens <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Can someone give me some help figuring out where i made some mistakes in
> upgrading to 1.5 rc2 (i came from rc1).  Below i will post my config file.

You need to upgrade to the latest trunk version of Mapbuilder. There
are several issues with 1.5rc2 and Firefox, which have been resolved
on trunk.

Regards,
Andreas.

Re: Mapbuilder and firefox 3: dissapearing widgets and not working vector popup

Steven M. Ottens-2
Hi,

The typical reason why widgets are disappearing is because the XSl is
missing the omit-xml-declaration="yes" attribute in the xsl:output tag.
In trunk this has been added to all stylesheets, but custom
stylesheets might miss it.

regards,
Steven

Steven M. Ottens -==- http://research.geodan.nl/planet

Re: Mapbuilder and firefox 3: dissapearing widgets and not working vector popup

Andreas Hocevar
Hi,

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 1:48 PM, Steven M. Ottens
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The typical reason why widgets are disappearing is because the XSl is
> missing the omit-xml-declaration="yes" attribute in the xsl:output tag.
> In trunk this has been added to all stylesheets, but custom stylesheets
> might miss it.

In trunk, the omit-xml-declaration="yes" statement is no longer needed
for xsl stylesheets. That has been fixed.

Regards,
Andreas.

Re: Mapbuilder and firefox 3: dissapearing widgets and not working vector popup

G. Tiemens
Hi,

I loaded the last trunk, and it worked indeed.

I also discovered that the z-index of the map and the navigation control is very high in ff3. I had to set a hovering element with a z-index above >10000 to get it on top.

Greets
Gerben

Grontmij | GIS & ICT
Gerben Tiemens

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 1:48 PM, Steven M. Ottens <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The typical reason why widgets are disappearing is because the XSl is
> missing the omit-xml-declaration="yes" attribute in the xsl:output tag.
> In trunk this has been added to all stylesheets, but custom
> stylesheets might miss it.

In trunk, the omit-xml-declaration="yes" statement is no longer needed for xsl stylesheets. That has been fixed.

Regards,
Andreas.

<< Please read our E-mail Disclaimer at the Grontmij Corporate website >>

Re: Mapbuilder and firefox 3: dissapearing widgets and not working vector popup

Andreas Hocevar
Hi,

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 9:37 AM, Tiemens, Gerben
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I loaded the last trunk, and it worked indeed.
>
> I also discovered that the z-index of the map and the navigation control is very high in ff3. I had to set a hovering element with a z-index above >10000 to get it on top.

That's intentional, not only in FF3. To put custom elements on top of
the map, you always have to use a z-index > 10000.

Regards,
Andreas.