Mapbender3 Geoserver layers not visible

Mike1973

Hello,

I have mapbender3, geoserver 2.8 (on jetty), apache 2.4 and postgis setup

on the same windows 7 machine.

All programs are installed and working fine andApache httpd.conf is set to
proxypass/proxyreversepass to my local geoserver.

Geoserver is working and accessible via http://mydomain.com/geoserver/

Mapbender is working and accessible via http://mydomain.com/mapbender3/

I am able to load my geoserver wms into mapbender using

http://mydomain.com/geoserver/workspace/wms.....etc.

When I view application, wms legend is working fine,

layer tree is working fine, however my wms layers are not visible

on the map and Apache log error is:-

PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: vendorspec in C:\\mapbender3\\mapbender\\src\\Mapbender\\WmsBundle\\Component\\WmsInstanceEntityHandler.php on line 413
PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getVstype() on null in C:\\mapbender3\\mapbender\\src\\Mapbender\\WmsBundle\\Component\\WmsInstanceEntityHandler.php:413.

I'm obviously missing some configuration settings.

Would appreciate any assistance/guidance.

Regards.

Mike.

Re: Mapbender3 Geoserver layers not visible

jmckenna
Administrator
(background: although I am not a Mapbender developer, I have for a long
time distributed Windows packages for the MapServer and Mapbender
community, through MS4W http://ms4w.com and am very familiar with
configuration issues)

I believe your error is due to your PHP version.  Only PHP 5.6 and newer
allows for importing of functions through namespaces (see
http://php.net/manual/en/language.namespaces.importing.php); that might
explain the error with getVstype()

Short answer: maybe try again using a more recent PHP version.

(smiling at me answering a GeoServer question ha, it really is one
community/family)

Hope this helps.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/

On 2016-08-29 7:35 AM, Michael Lendowsky wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have mapbender3, geoserver 2.8 (on jetty), apache 2.4 and postgis setup
>
> on the same windows 7 machine.
>
> All programs are installed and working fine andApache httpd.conf is set to
> proxypass/proxyreversepass to my local geoserver.
>
> Geoserver is working and accessible via http://mydomain.com/geoserver/
>
> Mapbender is working and accessible via http://mydomain.com/mapbender3/
>
> I am able to load my geoserver wms into mapbender using
>
> http://mydomain.com/geoserver/workspace/wms.....etc.
>
> When I view application, wms legend is working fine,
>
> layer tree is working fine, however my wms layers are not visible
>
> on the map and Apache log error is:-
>
> PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: vendorspec in
> C:\\mapbender3\\mapbender\\src\\Mapbender\\WmsBundle\\Component\\WmsInstanceEntityHandler.php
> on line 413
> PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getVstype()
> on null in
> C:\\mapbender3\\mapbender\\src\\Mapbender\\WmsBundle\\Component\\WmsInstanceEntityHandler.php:413.
>
> I'm obviously missing some configuration settings.
>
> Would appreciate any assistance/guidance.
>
> Regards.
>
> Mike.

Re: Mapbender3 Geoserver layers not visible

Mike1973

Thanks Jeff,

Appreciate you taking off your Mapserver hat
for a moment and answering a Geoserver question-lol.

However, I'm running php 7, so problem sits elsewhere.

Just error checked app again using firebug and see that mapbender
is trying to request my wms layers via mapbender owsproxy.

Being a newby to Mapbender, I've obviously misconfigured
something.

Would appreciate a quick rundown of how owsproxy3 should
be setup correctly.

Regards.

Mike.

Re: Mapbender3 Geoserver layers not visible

jmckenna
Administrator
Hi Mike,

You'll find that most software projects have not yet caught up to all of
the changes in PHP7 (and MapServer is no different).  I watched Astrid's
Mapbender presentation through the live stream last week, and I believe
she specifically mentions that PHP7 support is coming (I could be wrong
in my memory, but give it a watch:
http://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/misc/openstreetmap/FOSS4G-2016/foss4g-2016-1047-provide_applications_with_geoportal_framework_mapbender3-hd.webm).
  It's a great presentation to review anyway.

-jeff

On 2016-08-30 1:13 PM, Mike1973 wrote:

> Thanks Jeff,
>
> Appreciate you taking off your Mapserver hat
> for a moment and answering a Geoserver question-lol.
>
> However, I'm running php 7, so problem sits elsewhere.
>
> Just error checked app again using firebug and see that mapbender
> is trying to request my wms layers via mapbender owsproxy.
>
> Being a newby to Mapbender, I've obviously misconfigured
> something.
>
> Would appreciate a quick rundown of how owsproxy3 should
> be setup correctly.
>
> Regards.
>
> Mike.

Re: Mapbender3 Geoserver layers not visible

jmckenna
Administrator
Shorter answer: I bet PHP 5.6 would work.  Again, I'm just guessing.

I'll go quiet again here ha.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/

Re: Mapbender3 Geoserver layers not visible

ruhri
Hi Mike,

Your problems could be caused by misconfigured owsproxy. Maybe this there's also bug with owsproxy and php7? Maybe you can first try not to use any proxy-functions, until you properly configured this?
Moreover I'm not sure, whether you would need any proxy settings, because all your stuff (MB3, services, etc.) seems to come from the same machine/domain.

So I'd try this:
Have you unchecked the Proxy-checkbox for the specific layer(s)? This could be done going to the application -> layerset -> edit layer-instance. If proxy for this layer-instance is unchecked, also have a look to the "vendor specific" section at the  same tab (it seems to me, that your error message lead to vendor-specific). If there are some vendor specific settings configured by you, delete/deactivate them, normally you would not need to pass vendor parameters to the wms-server or if vendor-specific is really needed, at least uncheck hidden (which would also make MB3 use the proxy-module).

If you need to configure proxy, this should help you:
http://doc.mapbender3.org/en/book/installation/configuration.html#configuration-files

Regards
Benjamin

Re: Mapbender3 Geoserver layers not visible

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup)
Hello Mike,

you could use the nightly version that willbe soon published as 3.0.5.4

Here we already made some fixed for PHP 7

http://mapbender3.org/builds/nightly/

Astrid

Am 2016-08-31 07:37, schrieb Schepers, Benjamin:

> Hi Mike,
>
> Your problems could be caused by misconfigured owsproxy. Maybe this
> there's also bug with owsproxy and php7? Maybe you can first try not
> to use any proxy-functions, until you properly configured this?
> Moreover I'm not sure, whether you would need any proxy settings,
> because all your stuff (MB3, services, etc.) seems to come from the
> same machine/domain.
>
> So I'd try this:
> Have you unchecked the Proxy-checkbox for the specific layer(s)? This
> could be done going to the application -> layerset -> edit
> layer-instance. If proxy for this layer-instance is unchecked, also
> have a look to the "vendor specific" section at the  same tab (it
> seems to me, that your error message lead to vendor-specific). If
> there are some vendor specific settings configured by you,
> delete/deactivate them, normally you would not need to pass vendor
> parameters to the wms-server or if vendor-specific is really needed,
> at least uncheck hidden (which would also make MB3 use the
> proxy-module).
>
> If you need to configure proxy, this should help you:
> http://doc.mapbender3.org/en/book/installation/configuration.html#configuration-files
>
> Regards
> Benjamin

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Astrid Emde
GIS-Consultant

FOSS Academy Sommerschule 2016
Alles Wichtige zur Erstellung einer GDI in nur 5 Tagen!
12. bis 16. September 2016 in Bonn
http://foss-academy.eu/sommerschule_2016

  Astrid Emde
  WhereGroup GmbH & Co.KG
  Eifelstraße 7
  53119 Bonn
  Germany

  Fon: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 22
  Fax: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 11

  [hidden email]
  www.wheregroup.com

  Folgen Sie der WhereGroup auf twitter:
http://twitter.com/WhereGroup_com

Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788
-------------------------------
Komplementärin:
WhereGroup Verwaltungs GmbH
vertreten durch:
Olaf Knopp, Peter Stamm

Re: Mapbender3 Geoserver layers not visible

Mike1973

Hi Astrid/Jeff,

Thank you for your suggestions.

I've installed php 5,6 instead, removed my proxypass settings in httpd.conf
in order to test using localhost only.

Mapbender 3 works fine - have followed installation instructions
per website.

Have added my wms as a source using:-

http://localhost:8080/geoserver/opengeo/wms?service=wms&version=1.1.1&request=getcapabilities

My app can see the legend and layertree but not the map.

However- and this is the odd thing- if I load my workspace using the wms loader button my layers
become visible on the map. If I click on Metadata icon in layertree it gives an internal server error though, but layers remain visible.

Is this something you've come across before.

Appreciate any feedback.