[Mapbender_dev] Italy, Mapbender and PSC...

[Mapbender_dev] Italy, Mapbender and PSC...

Michael Schulz
Dear Devs,

sorry for being so quiet in the last time, but I am facing some
fundamental changes, that kept me busy. As some already know, I
started to work at the JRC in Ispra, Italy in January. Unfortunately,
this means that I won't be able contribute to Mapbender in the nearer
future, mainly because we're using different stuff (GeoExt, pyWPS,
...) and at the moment, with all the other changes like moving and
settling in, I see no time left for sensible contributions. I hope
this will change again pretty soon. I will keep a close eye on what is
going on with mapbender, but I think it would be good if I hand back
my PSC 'seat' so someone who really contributes can take over.

See you hopefully at some of the upcoming events (I won't make it to
the FOSSGIS, but maybe later in the year...)

Cheers, Michael

Re: [Mapbender_dev] Italy, Mapbender and PSC...

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup)
Hello Michael,

thanks for your mail. It is a shame, that you will not contribute to
Mapbender in the next time, but it is nice, that you want still want to
follow the project.

It makes sense to pass your PSC [1] seat to someone else.

We should discuss this on the dev-list or today in the irc meeting [2].

Unfortunately I won't be there at the irc meeting tonight as I am on the
road. WOuld be nice if you could discuss the topic. I aslso added some
more topics to the agenda [2].

See you Astrid

[1] http://www.mapbender.org/Category:PSC
[2] http://www.mapbender.org/IRC#Agenda

On Mon, February 21, 2011 8:45 am, Michael Schulz wrote:

> Dear Devs,
>

> sorry for being so quiet in the last time, but I am facing some
> fundamental changes, that kept me busy. As some already know, I started to
> work at the JRC in Ispra, Italy in January. Unfortunately, this means that
> I won't be able contribute to Mapbender in the nearer
> future, mainly because we're using different stuff (GeoExt, pyWPS, ...) and
> at the moment, with all the other changes like moving and settling in, I
> see no time left for sensible contributions. I hope this will change again
> pretty soon. I will keep a close eye on what is going on with mapbender,
> but I think it would be good if I hand back my PSC 'seat' so someone who
> really contributes can take over.
>
> See you hopefully at some of the upcoming events (I won't make it to
> the FOSSGIS, but maybe later in the year...)
>
> Cheers, Michael

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Astrid Emde
----------------------------------

Aufwind durch Wissen!

Qualifizierte OpenSource-Schulungen
bei der www.foss-academy.eu
----------------------------------

Die WhereGroup zieht um ...

Ab dem 01.01.2011 lautet unsere neue Adresse:

WhereGroup GmbH & Co. KG
Eifelstraße 7
53119 Bonn

Alle Telefonnummern und eMail-Adressen
bleiben unverändert.

 Astrid Emde
 WhereGroup GmbH & Co.KG
 Eifelstraße 7
 53119 Bonn
 Germany

 Fon: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 19
 Fax: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 11

 [hidden email]
 www.wheregroup.com

Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788

Re: [Mapbender_dev] Italy, Mapbender and PSC...

Christoph Baudson-3

Hello Michael,

all the best to you, seems you have picked an interesting position. And
thanks again for all your contributions to Mapbender. It's always been a
pleasure working with you and I hope we'll cross paths again.

About the free PSC slot: As the topic has not been picked up in the IRC
meeting, I take the opportunity to nominate three people for the open slot

* Armin Retterath
* Frank Jäger
* Olaf Knopp

I don't think any of these need to be introduced, they have been active
around the project for a long time.

Christoph

On 02/21/2011 01:16 PM, Astrid Emde wrote:

> Hello Michael,
>
> thanks for your mail. It is a shame, that you will not contribute to
> Mapbender in the next time, but it is nice, that you want still want to
> follow the project.
>
> It makes sense to pass your PSC [1] seat to someone else.
>
> We should discuss this on the dev-list or today in the irc meeting [2].
>
> Unfortunately I won't be there at the irc meeting tonight as I am on the
> road. WOuld be nice if you could discuss the topic. I aslso added some
> more topics to the agenda [2].
>
> See you Astrid
>
> [1] http://www.mapbender.org/Category:PSC
> [2] http://www.mapbender.org/IRC#Agenda
>
> On Mon, February 21, 2011 8:45 am, Michael Schulz wrote:
>> Dear Devs,
>>

>> sorry for being so quiet in the last time, but I am facing some
>> fundamental changes, that kept me busy. As some already know, I started to
>> work at the JRC in Ispra, Italy in January. Unfortunately, this means that
>> I won't be able contribute to Mapbender in the nearer
>> future, mainly because we're using different stuff (GeoExt, pyWPS, ...) and
>> at the moment, with all the other changes like moving and settling in, I
>> see no time left for sensible contributions. I hope this will change again
>> pretty soon. I will keep a close eye on what is going on with mapbender,
>> but I think it would be good if I hand back my PSC 'seat' so someone who
>> really contributes can take over.
>>
>> See you hopefully at some of the upcoming events (I won't make it to
>> the FOSSGIS, but maybe later in the year...)
>>
>> Cheers, Michael

Re: [Mapbender_dev] Italy, Mapbender and PSC...

Karim Malhas

Hello Michael,

We were discussing you on IRC today, and we accept your resignation.
The discussion on your replacement was deferred, but we thought we'd let
you know.

We wish you all the best and hope to her from you again,

Karim

Re: [Mapbender_dev] Italy, Mapbender and PSC...

Michael Schulz
Dear Karim, Christoph and Mapbender Devs,

thanks for the update. I hope to be able to contribute in the future,
after everything has settled a bit. Keep on with the good work.

See or type with you soon, Michael

2011/2/28 Karim Malhas <[hidden email]>:

> Hello Michael,
>
> We were discussing you on IRC today, and we accept your resignation.
> The discussion on your replacement was deferred, but we thought we'd let
> you know.
>
> We wish you all the best and hope to her from you again,
>
> Karim

AW: [Mapbender_dev] Italy, Mapbender and PSC...

Manns, Marc
Hi Michael,

we hope this too.
It has always been lot of fun with you on FOSS events.
Keep the good work too.
And:
"ti auguro tutto il migliore e successo nel nuovo posto del lavoro."

Marc

Dear Karim, Christoph and Mapbender Devs,

thanks for the update. I hope to be able to contribute in the future, after everything has settled a bit. Keep on with the good work.

See or type with you soon, Michael

2011/2/28 Karim Malhas <[hidden email]>:

> Hello Michael,
>
> We were discussing you on IRC today, and we accept your resignation.
> The discussion on your replacement was deferred, but we thought we'd
> let you know.
>
> We wish you all the best and hope to her from you again,
>
> Karim

Re: [Mapbender_dev] Italy, Mapbender and PSC...

Arnulf Christl
Hey Michael,
(late follow-up, busy, busy these days). Congratulations on your new job
and I wish you all the best! Thanks for all your contributions and
hopefully you might come back one day with a host of new ideas and
impulses where the development should go. I am sure that your experience
will considerably grow at JRC and also be valuable to the INSPIRE process.

Feel free to continue pinging the lists with ideas or questions, maybe
this can also foster cross project collaboration.

Cheers,
Arnulf.

--
Exploring Space, Time and Mind