Mapbender and PHP 7.2

Axel Schaefer
Hello.

For the forthcoming release we are nibbeling with the PHP 7.2
compatibility and will therefore give two hints:

1.) For the release we will remove the apigen library (which is in the
    dev-section) and try to provide the API by hand. The Mapbender
    release will unfortunately not have the API-documentation.

2.) If you develop and install via Git, do it with composer install
    --no-dev or composer update --no-dev. Or remove the apigen line from
    composer.json and run composer update.

Otherwise the 7.2 compatibility in Mapbender looks good. It's the
libraries that took action. Apigen requires Nette/nette and although
Nette has fixed the 7.2 compatibility, Apigen now requires either
Symfony 2.6 or Symfony 3.3. We use 2.8.

Best regards
Axel

Mapbender v3.0.8.4 and PHP 7.1

Maelle Vercauteren
Hello,

It seems that contrary to what is noted in the documentation, PHP 7.1 is also not supported
cf.https://doc.mapbender3.org/en/installation/systemrequirements.html#php-7

Indeed, the installation of mapbender (v3.0.8.3 and .4) did not succeed following a non execution of the commands app / console (launched from the file mapbender3).

The message returned in the terminal is as follows (in red) at each launching of app/console doctrine:

[Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\ContextErrorException]

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean

to use "continue 2"?

And via symphony (http://localhost/mapbender3/config.php) you can see :

ERROR - Uncaught PHP Exception Symfony\Component\HttpKernel\Exception\NotFoundHttpException: "No route found for "GET /_configurator/" (from "http://localhost/mapbender3/config.php")" at /var/www/mapbender3/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/HttpKernel/EventListener/RouterListener.php line 179

: No route found for "GET /_configurator/" (from "http://localhost/mapbender3/config.php")

FYI, the same installation seems work with PHP 7.0

Kinds regards,
Maë//e

--
Maëlle VERCAUTEREN DRUBBEL
Coordinatrice du stage SIG Libres ARES

Département Géosciences, Environnement et Société
Université Libre de Bruxelles
Bureau: S.DB.6.143
CP 130/03
Av. F.D. Roosevelt 50
1050 Bruxelles
Belgique
Tél.: 02/650.68.14 Fax: 02/650.50.92

Re: Mapbender v3.0.8.4 and PHP 7.1

David Patzke
Hi,

are you sure you´re on Php 7.1 in your CLI.   Mapbender .8.4 works fine with Php 7.1. I just tested it. Furthermore, your error message is a known deprecation warning in Php 7.3.
https://wiki.php.net/rfc/continue_on_switch_deprecation & https://github.com/doctrine/DoctrineORMModule/issues/579 .

Could you run  "php -v" in your CLI and check the output version. Your Webserver and your CLI do not have to share the same version of Php.

Cheers David
On 03.10.19 08:49, Maelle Vercauteren wrote:
[...]

I just uninstalled everything, restarted my script with php7.1 and it works fine, thanks for your help.

I am a bit puzzled because I am sure that I had installed only php7.1. Here’s what I have in my terminal :
apt-get install apache2 libapache2-mod-php7.1 php7.1-php7.1 php7.1-php7.1 php7.1-php7.1-php7.1-php7.1 -sqlite3 sqlite3 php7.1-apcu php7.1-intl php7.1-zip php7.1-mbstring php7.1-bz2 php7.1-pgsql

In my installation, the only difference was that I replaced php7.1 with 7.0 in this command to make it work.

However, it is true that in my base deposit I had php3; that's why I added the ppa: ondrej / php before the installation. Maybe php3 was also installed by another program on my computer, and doing the complete uninstallation resolved the problem.

Kind Regards,
Maë//e