Mapbender GUI and maps are extremely slow

Mapbender GUI and maps are extremely slow

prototron
This post was updated on .
Hello,

I recently installed Mapbender3 with the ms4w 3.1.4 bundle (along with OpenLayers, Mapserver, Apache, GeoMoose).

It is installed on a Windows Server 2012 machine on the LAN. It does have IIS installed too on port 80, but Apache is listening on port 8079. The server has a Xeon 3.4 ghz quad-core CPU and 8 gb RAM.

The WMS/WFS services are working fine (tested in ArcMap and QGIS).

So everything is very very very slow... to the point where it is simply unusable.

The GUI is slow, but usable, like over an low-average internet connection. When I start the app, it takes about 20-30 seconds to load.

app_dev.php shows that it's using 18/128 mb

I looked at the CPU/memory/network usage while Mapbender was loading a map and there is nothing unusual there.

It seems to already have a ticket opened for that issue, but maybe it's not a bug and I just need to change a few settings in the config file.

Does anybody have an idea where to start to diagnose the problem?

Mapbender looks very awesome and I would be very pleased that my co-workers could use it! :)

Re: Mapbender GUI and maps are extremely slow

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup)
Hi,

we had a performance problem on windows for Mapbender3 3.0.5.3.

You will get a better performance with the next version.

If you want to try it with the nightly you can download it here:+
http://mapbender3.org/builds/nightly/

Read how to update Mapbender here:
http://doc.mapbender3.org/en/book/installation/update.html

Best regards Astrid

Am 2017-01-31 03:41, schrieb prototron:

> Hello,
>
> I recently installed Mapbender3 with the ms4w 3.1.4 bundle (along with
> OpenLayers, Mapserver, Apache, GeoMoose).
>
> It is installed on a server on the LAN. It does have IIS installed to
> on
> port 80, but Apache is listening on port 8079. The server has a Xeon
> 3.4 ghz
> quad-core CPU and 8 gb RAM.
>
> The WMS/WFS services are working fine.
>
> I created my first application and I noticed that it was very very very
> slow... to the point where it is simply unusable.
>
> The GUI is slow, but usable, like over an low-average internet
> connection.
> When I start the app, it takes about 20-30 seconds to load.
>
> It seems to already have a ticket opened for that issue, but maybe it's
> not
> a bug and I just need to change a few settings in the config file.
>
> Does anybody have an idea where to start to diagnose the problem?
>
> Mapbender looks very awesome and I would be very pleased that my
> co-workers
> could use it! :)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Astrid Emde
GIS-Consultant

FOSS Academy Winterschule 2017
20.-24.03.2017 in Bonn
Alles Wichtige zur Erstellung einer GDI in nur 5 Tagen!

  Astrid Emde
  WhereGroup GmbH & Co.KG
  Eifelstraße 7
  53119 Bonn
  Germany

  Fon: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 22
  Fax: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 11

  [hidden email]
  www.wheregroup.com

  Folgen Sie der WhereGroup auf twitter:
http://twitter.com/WhereGroup_com

Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788
-------------------------------
Komplementärin:
WhereGroup Verwaltungs GmbH
vertreten durch:
Olaf Knopp, Peter Stamm

Re: Mapbender GUI and maps are extremely slow

prototron
Thank you Astrid, I sure will try another version. Before proceeding I would like to know if the problem existed in versions before 3.0.5.3? I may consider downgrading to the latest version without the performance issue instead of using a Nightly build

Regards,

Pat

NAML

Re: Mapbender GUI and maps are extremely slow

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup)
Hello,

you could go back to version 3.0.4 http://mapbender3.org/builds/

But it makes more sense to use the nightly.

http://mapbender3.org/builds/nightly/

We are working on the next release. Which should come out in the next
weeks.

Astrid

Am 2017-01-31 14:33, schrieb prototron:

> [...]

Astrid Emde
GIS-Consultant

FOSS Academy Winterschule 2017
20.-24.03.2017 in Bonn
Alles Wichtige zur Erstellung einer GDI in nur 5 Tagen!

  Astrid Emde
  WhereGroup GmbH & Co.KG
  Eifelstraße 7
  53119 Bonn
  Germany

  Fon: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 22
  Fax: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 11

  [hidden email]
  www.wheregroup.com

  Folgen Sie der WhereGroup auf twitter:
http://twitter.com/WhereGroup_com

Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788
Komplementärin:
WhereGroup Verwaltungs GmbH
vertreten durch:
Olaf Knopp, Peter Stamm

Re: Mapbender GUI and maps are extremely slow

I did try the nightly (and also previous versions). The applications seem to work much better. But the GUI to create apps, add sources, users, etc. seems "broken", like plain HTML, no CSS, JS, PHP...

I just downloaded the tar/gz, unpacked it and copied and overwrite the files in the installation directory.

Do you have an idea?

Hello,