Mapbender App Publishing (disable localhost)

Mapbender App Publishing (disable localhost)

Walter White Jr.
Hello community,

this is surely an elementary question but I am new in the Mapbender world. Using OsGeoLive 13 on the Oracle VM Virtual Box, I have created a WMS (1.3.0) in Geoserver (2.15.1). In Mapbender (3.0.8.1), I have created a new application and did all of the necessary configuration, defined the layersets and the layouts. The problem is I see the app just as localhost (also in Geoserver) so I cannot call the app from another computer. My aim is to publish the app for the broad public and not just as localhost. Can you please tell me how to do that or which settings are necessary? I don´t know if this has something to do with the Virtuall Machine itself or if I need to do something in Geoserver/Mapbender. Or is this in OsGeoLive in general not possible and do I need to install Geoserver and Mapbender manually? I am not sure if the OsGeoLive cointains automatically after installation the Apache or no (maybe this could be the issue). I know how to create the WMS layer incl. styles etc. or configure the app in Mapbender but I don´t know to publish is as an open web-service for everyone...

Many thanks for your help.
Walter Jr.

Re: Mapbender App Publishing (disable localhost)

Jörg Thomsen (WhereGroup)
Hello Walter,

you have to know the ip-address of your vm and the network for the vm
has to be enabled (you can access websites or external WMS from within
your vm).

try 'ifconfig' in the vm's terminal and then use the shown ip-address in
the browser in your host, this should shw the start-page of the osgeo-live.

Jörg

Am 01.06.20 um 00:15 schrieb Walter White Jr.:

> Hello community,
>
> this is surely an elementary question but I am new in the Mapbender
> world. Using OsGeoLive 13 on the Oracle VM Virtual Box, I have created a
> WMS (1.3.0) in Geoserver (2.15.1). In Mapbender (3.0.8.1), I have
> created a new application and did all of the necessary configuration,
> defined the layersets and the layouts. The problem is I see the app just
> as localhost (also in Geoserver) so I cannot call the app from another
> computer. My aim is to publish the app for the broad public and not just
> as localhost. Can you please tell me how to do that or which settings
> are necessary? I don´t know if this has something to do with the
> Virtuall Machine itself or if I need to do something in
> Geoserver/Mapbender. Or is this in OsGeoLive in general not possible and
> do I need to install Geoserver and Mapbender manually? I am not sure if
> the OsGeoLive cointains automatically after installation the Apache or
> no (maybe this could be the issue). I know how to create the WMS layer
> incl. styles etc. or configure the app in Mapbender but I don´t know to
> publish is as an open web-service for everyone...
>
> Many thanks for your help.
> Walter Jr.

Viele Grüße,
Jörg Thomsen

Aufwind durch Wissen!
Jetzt neu: Webinare und Online-Schulungen
bei der www.foss-academy.com

Jörg Thomsen
WhereGroup GmbH
Bundesallee 23
10717 Berlin
Germany

Fon: +49 (0)30 / 5130 278 74
Fax: +49 (0)30 / 5130 278 11

[hidden email]
www.wheregroup.com

Geschäftsführer:
Olaf Knopp, Peter Stamm
Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 9885

Re: Mapbender App Publishing (disable localhost)

David Patzke
Hello Walter.

Jörgs' answer might not be wrong but I think this is not exactly what
you are hoping for.
Your question is not exactly Mapbender related more a general question
about webpages and hosting.

You should research a little bit about how a webpage comes into the
internet e.G. here
https://studywebdevelopment.com/web-development-basics-for-beginners.html

David

On 02.06.20 09:17, Jörg Thomsen (WhereGroup) wrote:

> Hello Walter,
>
> you have to know the ip-address of your vm and the network for the vm
> has to be enabled (you can access websites or external WMS from within
> your vm).
>
> try 'ifconfig' in the vm's terminal and then use the shown ip-address in
> the browser in your host, this should shw the start-page of the osgeo-live.
>
> Jörg
>
> Am 01.06.20 um 00:15 schrieb Walter White Jr.:
>> Hello community,
>>
>> this is surely an elementary question but I am new in the Mapbender
>> world. Using OsGeoLive 13 on the Oracle VM Virtual Box, I have created a
>> WMS (1.3.0) in Geoserver (2.15.1). In Mapbender (3.0.8.1), I have
>> created a new application and did all of the necessary configuration,
>> defined the layersets and the layouts. The problem is I see the app just
>> as localhost (also in Geoserver) so I cannot call the app from another
>> computer. My aim is to publish the app for the broad public and not just
>> as localhost. Can you please tell me how to do that or which settings
>> are necessary? I don´t know if this has something to do with the
>> Virtuall Machine itself or if I need to do something in
>> Geoserver/Mapbender. Or is this in OsGeoLive in general not possible and
>> do I need to install Geoserver and Mapbender manually? I am not sure if
>> the OsGeoLive cointains automatically after installation the Apache or
>> no (maybe this could be the issue). I know how to create the WMS layer
>> incl. styles etc. or configure the app in Mapbender but I don´t know to
>> publish is as an open web-service for everyone...
>>
>> Many thanks for your help.
>> Walter Jr.

> Viele Grüße,
> Jörg Thomsen

Re: Mapbender App Publishing (disable localhost)

Walter White Jr.
Hello Jörg, hello David,
many thanks for your helpful responses.

Walter