Mapbender API documentation

Olaf Knopp (WhereGroup)

Hello Mapbender developers,

the API documentation of Mapbender [1] is out of date and has to be updated for the upcoming versions 3.0.8. and 3.1.
Unfortunately the software we use for the documentation (ApiGen) is not compatible with PHP versions newer 7.x. The API generation must therefore be completely re-implemented with other software.

Since API documentations can easily be generated by any developer with an IDE, we consider a central documentation on the Web unnecessary in the future. If there is no massive resistance, we will switch off api.mapbender.org at 01.04.2019.

Greetings
Olaf

[1] https://api.mapbender.org/

Re: Mapbender API documentation

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup)
Am 2019-03-15 10:31, schrieb Olaf Knopp (WhereGroup):

> Hello Mapbender developers,
>
> the API documentation of Mapbender [1] is out of date and has to be
> updated for the upcoming versions 3.0.8. and 3.1.
> Unfortunately the software we use for the documentation (ApiGen) is
> not compatible with PHP versions newer 7.x. The API generation must
> therefore be completely re-implemented with other software.
>
> Since API documentations can easily be generated by any developer with
> an IDE, we consider a central documentation on the Web unnecessary in
> the future. If there is no massive resistance, we will switch off
> api.mapbender.org at 01.04.2019.
>
> Greetings
> Olaf
>
> [1] https://api.mapbender.org/

Hello Devs,

Looks like there is not much feedback on the api-documentation.

First of april is coming closer. So if you have an opinion on the
api-documentation give feedback till 1. April 2019.

My personal feedback
I think it is good to have an online api.documentation. But if it is not
used, we can switch it of. Personally I also do not use it.
* so +1 to switch the  https://api.mapbender.org/
* Future: the documentation is still in the code, so maybe in the future
we find an easy solution to deploy the documentation or we find a
volunteer to work on it.

Best regards Astrid