Mapbender 2.7.4: Using password secured wfs services

Mapbender 2.7.4: Using password secured wfs services

lukas.bollack
Hi mapbender mailing list!

Since I'm using a geoserver wfs-t service I'm hosting myself that stores company data I would prefer having the service password protected. I already checked owsproxy for the corresponding wms service, so the service is hidden from the public. However if someone were to find out the wfs service location he or she could access the wfs service via QGIS or some other client and mess with the data. Is it possible for mapbender to access password protected wfs services? I don't see the option to specify a username and password for wfs services in the same fashion as for wms services.

Can someone help me out?

Regards
Lukas

Re: Mapbender 2.7.4: Using password secured wfs services

armin11
hi lukas,
using secured (authenticated) wfs is only available in the trunk version
of mapbender2 as we use it in our federal geoportals (it will be part of
version 2.8).
to restrict public access to your wfs (geoserver), you have to restrict
access to localhost and register the geoserver wfs as a localhost url.
this should be sufficient.
you have to look in the geoserver documentation.
as an alternative, you can user the apache proxy module to proxy your
geoserver. this is quiet easy.
if you want, i send you a example configuration ;-)
armin

On 02.03.2016 13:00, lukas.bollack wrote:

> Hi mapbender mailing list!
>
> Since I'm using a geoserver wfs-t service I'm hosting myself that stores
> company data I would prefer having the service password protected. I already
> checked owsproxy for the corresponding wms service, so the service is hidden
> from the public. However if someone were to find out the wfs service
> location he or she could access the wfs service via QGIS or some other
> client and mess with the data. Is it possible for mapbender to access
> password protected wfs services? I don't see the option to specify a
> username and password for wfs services in the same fashion as for wms
> services.
>
> Can someone help me out?
>
> Regards
> Lukas

Zentrale Stelle Geodateninfrastruktur
Rheinland-Pfalz
LVermGeo-RP

Von-Kuhl-Stra├če 49
56070 Koblenz

0261/492-466
[hidden email]
http://www.geoportal.rlp.de

Re: Mapbender 2.7.4: Using password secured wfs services

lukas.bollack
hi Armin

Thanks! Yes I would like an example proxy configuration.

I tried your localhost idea but didn't get very far yet..