Mapbender 2.7.4: Print Module

lukas.bollack
Hi Mapbender Mailing List

I am trying to implement a printing function in my GUI. To this end I copied the elements "printPDF" and "printButton" from the "template_print" GUI into my own GUI. When I test the printing functionality it always times out "An error occured or timeout of 90 seconds reached. Print was aborted."

Now when I use the print function inside of the "template_print" GUI it works fine and doesn't time out, so the module works on my server. When I add the wms from my own GUI to the "template_print" GUI, printing still works. I have 3 theories, what my problem could be:

1. There are some settings defined in the "printPDF" element I copied from the "template_print" GUI which refer to layers not present in my own GUI.

2. There is some element missing in my GUI which is needed for printPDF to work.

3. The base layer in my own GUI is password protected and I haven't succeeded in getting owsProxy to run yet. It works when I open my GUI in the browser but maybe the print module has problems accessing the WMS?

Do any of you have an idea how I could solve this?

Regards
Lukas

Re: Mapbender 2.7.4: Print Module

lukas.bollack
Update: Even if I change my base layer to the same layer the "template_print" GUI uses, printing still times out.

Re: Mapbender 2.7.4: Print Module

armin11
hi likas,

the printing is not possible with authenticated wms and without
owsproxy. you have to setup the owsproxy first:
http://www.mapbender2.org/Owsproxy#Apache_Konfiguration

please use the rewrite method  (2.) ;-)

normally this should work. but if it don't - please ask :-) .

the 3. point is your problem :-( .

if nothing will work, it will be advisable to update to mapbender 2.8
(trunk). our geoportals of rhinland-palatinate, hesse and saarland work
on trunk without any problems. you can do an alternative installation
(svn checkout) into an other path and copy your current database (dump /
restore) . then update the copied database and alter the conf files
(mapbender.conf) to test the 2.8.

which os do you use?

best regards
armin

On 26.02.2016 14:31, lukas.bollack wrote:

> Hi Mapbender Mailing List
>
> I am trying to implement a printing function in my GUI. To this end I copied
> the elements "printPDF" and "printButton" from the "template_print" GUI into
> my own GUI. When I test the printing functionality it always times out "An
> error occured or timeout of 90 seconds reached. Print was aborted."
>
> Now when I use the print function inside of the "template_print" GUI it
> works fine and doesn't time out, so the module works on my server. When I
> add the wms from my own GUI to the "template_print" GUI, printing still
> works. I have 3 theories, what my problem could be:
>
> 1. There are some settings defined in the "printPDF" element I copied from
> the "template_print" GUI which refer to layers not present in my own GUI.
>
> 2. There is some element missing in my GUI which is needed for printPDF to
> work.
>
> 3. The base layer in my own GUI is password protected and I haven't
> succeeded in getting owsProxy to run yet. It works when I open my GUI in the
> browser but maybe the print module has problems accessing the WMS?
>
> Do any of you have an idea how I could solve this?
>
> Regards
> Lukas

Zentrale Stelle Geodateninfrastruktur
Rheinland-Pfalz
LVermGeo-RP

Von-Kuhl-Straße 49
56070 Koblenz

0261/492-466
[hidden email]
http://www.geoportal.rlp.de

Re: Mapbender 2.7.4: Print Module

lukas.bollack
Hi Armin

I think it's more complicated than this. I found out that if I use the OSM germany wms as a base map the printPDF module works. I also got it to work with some other wms as base maps, but with others it didn't. In every case, working or not, the password protected wms was present and displayed on the map - I just didn't use it as the base map.
What's always the case when I use all my layers is that the module is terribly slow. Maybe it's just a performance issue and that's why in some cases the process times out and in others it doesn't?

Regards
Lukas

Re: Mapbender 2.7.4: Print Module

lukas.bollack
Ok now that I got owsproxy to run, printing works fine. You were right Armin!

Re: Mapbender 2.7.4: Print Module

lukas.bollack
Ok I've run into another problem:

When I try to print in 288dpi my Geoserver Layers are not printed. When I print the same thing in 72 or 144 dpi all the layers are printed correctly.

I think this has something to do with how my Geoserver is configured. Does anyone have any experiences with this?

Re: Mapbender 2.7.4: Print Module

Armin Retterath-3
hi lukas,
maybe it depends on the max pixels the server is able to serve with one wms request.
you should grab the wms url mapbender wants to print (get it from firebug -> ajax call to print server) and try to call it from browser.
another possibility is that the server is to slow. there is a timeout of 20 seconds :-( .
hope this helps ;-)
armin

Ok I've run into another problem:

When I try to print in 288dpi my Geoserver Layers are not printed. When I
print the same thing in 72 or 144 dpi all the layers are printed correctly.

I think this has something to do with how my Geoserver is configured. Does
anyone have any experiences with this?

Re: Mapbender 2.7.4: Print Module

Jäger, Frank (KRZ)

Third possibility: Scale-Limit.

The server did not “know”, that this GetMap is used for printing with 288dpi.

From a standard of 72dpi (Screen) and the BBOX-Param and the picture-size (WIDTH- and HIGHT-Param of the GetMap) he calculates a scale-denom which is just a quarter of the print-scale-denom.

This may be out of a limited range of scales.

Frank

maybe it depends on the max pixels the server is able to serve with one wms request.

you should grab the wms url mapbender wants to print (get it from firebug -> ajax call to print server) and try to call it from browser.

another possibility is that the server is to slow. there is a timeout of 20 seconds :-( .

hope this helps ;-)

armin

Ok I've run into another problem:

When I try to print in 288dpi my Geoserver Layers are not printed. When I
print the same thing in 72 or 144 dpi all the layers are printed correctly.

I think this has something to do with how my Geoserver is configured. Does
anyone have any experiences with this?

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment