Mapbender 2.7.4: How to rename jQuery tab elements

Mapbender 2.7.4: How to rename jQuery tab elements

lukas.bollack
Hi Mapbender Mailing List!

I am currently renaming all the elements of my GUI (title) in order to have them all in german. Now in the horizontal tab there are all those search elements (select by rectangle etc) and I can't find the respective elements in my GUI administration window. I suspect they are part of the jquery modules. Is there any way to influence which of these elements are displayed and how they are called? I would like to at least translate them into german.

Thanks!

Re: Mapbender 2.7.4: How to rename jQuery tab elements

Armin Retterath

hi lukas,

you don't need to store the title in german language ;-) . mapbender translate them automatically with its translation functions.

most titles and description which are defined in the source code is translated via gettext - there are translation files which can be adopted.

the translations for the tab titles and the helptexts for the client are defined in the mapbender database.

have a look at the translation table !

for the source code translation

http://mapbender2.org/Gettext

for the gui elements translation

if the tab title for the layertree will be Maps the german translation will pulled with following sql:

hi lukas,

you don't need to store the title in german language ;-) . mapbender translate them automatically with its translation functions.

most titles and description which are defined in the source code is translated via gettext - there are translation files which can be adopted.

the translations for the tab titles and the helptexts for the client are defined in the mapbender database.

have a look at the translation table !

http://mapbender2.org/Gettext

for the gui elements:

if the title of your layertree tab will be 'Maps' the translation for this will be automatically pulled by mapbender with the following sql:

select msgstr from translations where msgid = 'Maps' and locale ='de';

best regards

armin

"lukas.bollack" <[hidden email]> hat am 16. Februar 2016 um 13:36 geschrieben:

Hi Mapbender Mailing List!

I am currently renaming all the elements of my GUI (title) in order to have
them all in german. Now in the horizontal tab there are all those search
elements (select by rectangle etc) and I can't find the respective elements
in my GUI administration window. I suspect they are part of the jquery
modules. Is there any way to influence which of these elements are displayed
and how they are called? I would like to at least translate them into
german.

Thanks!

<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5250796/jQuery.png>

Re: Mapbender 2.7.4: How to rename jQuery tab elements

Jäger, Frank (KRZ)

Hi Lukas,

In „mapbender.conf“ file please set:

define("USE_I18N", true);          // requires gettext for PHP.

define("LANGUAGE", "de");     // only available if USE_I18N is "true"

While installing Mapbender please run:

  msgfmt locale/de_DE/LC_MESSAGES/Mapbender.po -o locale/de_DE/LC_MESSAGES/Mapbender.mo

in the resources-Folder.

Frank

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Mapbender 2.7.4: How to rename jQuery tab elements

lukas.bollack
Ok I've tried to set up gettext but haven't finished yet - it's quite complicated. Now in the end will I have to translate everything manually anyway if I use gettext? Seems like a lot of work for the ~10 element names i need changed right now.

Is there no other way to rename the Query elements? They are a bit enigmatic anyway, I can't find them in the GUI customization window at all. How do I change the location of theses elements for example, or how do I change which of the elements show up in my GUI?

I would also like to change which tools show up in the digitizer tab. Do you know how I can influence this?

Re: Mapbender 2.7.4: How to rename jQuery tab elements

Armin Retterath

hi lukas,

normally everything is already translated ;-) .

the digitizing module can be configured with a configuration file. the name of this file is defined as element_var at the digitize module. you can click at the title of the module and the the element_vars. the var is "digitize_conf_filename".

the default file is: mapbender/conf/digitize_default.conf

you can copy this file and easy adopt it to your needs. alter the element var and you have your own digitize configuration.

the gazetterWFS module has also an conf file defines as element_var "wfs_spatial_request_conf_filename" - it defaults to wfs_additional_spatial_serach.conf (also in the conf folder). alter it and give it a new name ;-) .

hope this helps a little bit :-)

good evening

armin

"lukas.bollack" <[hidden email]> hat am 16. Februar 2016 um 17:54 geschrieben:

Ok I've tried to set up gettext but haven't finished yet - it's quite
complicated. Now in the end will I have to translate everything manually
anyway if I use gettext? Seems like a lot of work for the ~10 element names
i need changed right now.

Is there no other way to rename the Query elements? They are a bit enigmatic
anyway, I can't find them in the GUI customization window at all. How do I
change the location of theses elements for example, or how do I change which
of the elements show up in my GUI?

I would also like to change which tools show up in the digitizer tab. Do you
know how I can influence this?

Re: Mapbender 2.7.4: How to rename jQuery tab elements

lukas.bollack
Hi Armin and Frank

So I succeeded in installing and activating gettext, and this really is the easiest way to customize all the text! Now I just edit the Mapbender.po and re-compile the Mapbender.mo out of it afterwards and all the text that's distributed over all those files can be altered in a single place! Thanks for the help!

I also created my own mapbender/conf/digitize_default.conf and wfs_additional_spatial_search.conf in order to select which digitze and search tools I want in my application and which ones I don't.

Now what I've realized is that the gazetterWFS module configuration only applies to the search tab on the left side of the the application. But what about the tools which are located above the map window? (see attached image)
I still haven't found out how I change which of these tools appear in my application and where they are located. Does anybody know this?

Re: Mapbender 2.7.4: How to rename jQuery tab elements

lukas.bollack
Never mind, I found out how to do it: In /mapbender/conf/wfs_default.conf you can edit which tools show up and where they are positioned on the gui.