Mapbender (2.7.4): Digitizer functionalities

Mapbender (2.7.4): Digitizer functionalities

lukas.bollack
Hello Mapbender mailing list!

I would like to use mapbender (2.7.4) to digitize new features in a postgis database via wfs-t. I've played around with the digitizer module but it seems to be very basic. If I have a postgis layer with a couple of attributes and maybe even some secondary keys which lead to other tables - can the digitizer handle this? Does it know which attributes there are and what kind of data the user is allowed to put in there, or do I have to tell this to the module first? If I have to - how do I do this? I couldn't find much about it in the official documentation.

It would be great if someone could shed some light on this!

Thanks!
Lukas

Re: Mapbender (2.7.4): Digitizer functionalities

Armin Retterath-3
hi lukas,

the wfs-t digitize module can handle only flat (simple) featuretypes. if you have a complex model, it is possible to flatten it by using database rules and views. this is quiet easy. we use the module to digitize many different featuretypes in distributed wfs-t. the client itself can be defined very comfortable (dropdown menus, datepickers, mandatory fields, ...).

the documentation for the configuration in german language is quiet better than in english ;-) :

https://www.mapbender2.org/WFS_Konfiguration

(we use geoserver and tinyows as wfs-t server)

the digitize module parses the describefeaturetype response from the wfs and therefor knows the datatypes of the attributes of the featuretype. the special options to fill the attributes (e.g. datepicker) are configurable at the wfs-configuration in form of simple templates.

we plan to integrate the option to reference skos based classification schemes as codelists for special attributes in near future. at the time you have to define existing codelists as html select option elements by hand.

if you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask - i think i can help you :-)

best regards from germany

armin

Hello Mapbender mailing list!

I would like to use mapbender (2.7.4) to digitize new features in a postgis
database via wfs-t. I've played around with the digitizer module but it
seems to be very basic. If I have a postgis layer with a couple of
attributes and maybe even some secondary keys which lead to other tables -
can the digitizer handle this? Does it know which attributes there are and
what kind of data the user is allowed to put in there, or do I have to tell
this to the module first? If I have to - how do I do this? I couldn't find
much about it in the official documentation.

It would be great if someone could shed some light on this!

Thanks!
Lukas

Re: Mapbender (2.7.4): Digitizer functionalities

lukas.bollack
Hi Armin

Thanks, this was very helpful! This should work for my project. I have yet to design the database so I'll just keep the tables flat, treat them basically as shapefiles and add secondary tables in the form of html dropdown menues.

Best regards
Lukas

Re: Mapbender (2.7.4): Digitizer functionalities

lukasbollack
Hi

I have implemented a little test-wfs in my mapbender installation following the guide Armin posted. I can digitize points in the database and give them attributes using the digizer module, even using drop-down lists and checkboxes - awesome! :) the only thing that's not working right now is the datepicker. In fact' I can't enter any data into the field at all, not even manually. I suspect it wasn't a good idea to use "date" as data type in this field in the database. Does the digitzer and/or datepicker need a different format to work, maybe simply "text"?

Would be great if someone could help me out here!
Thanks!
Lukas

Thanks!
Lukas

Re: Mapbender (2.7.4): Digitizer functionalities

Armin Retterath

hi lukas,

we often use the datepicker in combination with geoserver wfs-t and the featuretype attributes has the datatype 'string' .

we have some featuretypes with datatype is 'date' which also work. maybe your datepicker don't use the iso format for date (like 2016-01-29)?

the format of the datepicker can be defined in some file, i have to look up the correct file to alter.

another solution is to use datatype 'string' - in postgis varchar or text.

best regards

armin

"lukas.bollack" <[hidden email]> hat am 29. Januar 2016 um 13:41 geschrieben:

Hi

I have implemented a little test-wfs in my mapbender installation following
the guide Armin posted. I can digitize points in the database and give them
attributes using the digizer module, even using drop-down lists and
checkboxes - awesome! :) the only thing that's not working right now is the
datepicker. In fact' I can't enter any data into the field at all, not even
manually. I suspect it wasn't a good idea to use "date" as data type in this
field in the database. Does the digitzer and/or datepicker need a different
format to work, maybe simply "text"?

Would be great if someone could help me out here!
Thanks!
Lukas

Armin Retterath

Zentrale Stelle GDI-RP
LVermGeo Rheinland-Pfalz

Ferdinand-Sauerbruch-Straße 15
56073 Koblenz
Telefon 0261 492-466
Telefax 0261 492-492
[hidden email]
http://www.geoportal.rlp.de

Re: Mapbender (2.7.4): Digitizer functionalities

lukas.bollack
Hi Armin

I settled for the solution of changing the data type in my postgis database. After that, I needed to go trough the whole process in geoserver again, then loading the wfs in mapbender and configuring it. I encountered some issues then, causing me to play around with the wfs configuration. Then something weird happened: When I saved a new wfs configuration I got the usual dialog box telling me "The WFS configuration has been inserted into the database. Go to 'Assign WFS conf to application' and assign the new conf to an application." So far so good, but when I tried to assign the wfs configuration to a GUI, the configuration I just created did not show up in the list. When I checked under "edit existing wfs configuration" it didn't show up either. I thought I maybe did something wrong before and tried to do the whole wfs configuration again - but it didn't show in the lists afterwards too! I then tried making wfs configurations for other wfs services, thinking maybe it has something to do with this particular service - didn't work either! The weird thing is, when I delete my loaded wfs alltogether "delete wfs" I can see in the list: "List of dependend wfs_conf: " that new wfs configurations have indeed been created!

This all seems very weird to me. Have I somehow destroyed my mapbender installation? Is there something wrong with it that allows only a certain numbers of wfs configurations to be created?

Can you help me out? I'm on a loss here.

Regards
Lukas

Re: Mapbender (2.7.4): Digitizer functionalities

armin11
hi lukas,

do you have an online access to your server or a teamviewer installed?
i think we have to debug your installation a little bit. the first thing
will be to read the mapbender log file while opening the list of
wfs-configurations.
the logfile is in mapbender/log/ ...
it will be good to open a terminal and do following

tail -f "pathtoyourmapbender"/mapbender/log/mb_error_2016_02_03.log

when no error occurs, it will be good to enable the php error log
handling in /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini:

following directives should be set somewhere in this file

error_reporting = E_ALL

log_errors = On

error_log = /tmp/php_errors.log

after set this, restart apache2 and open a new terminal at which you do:
tail -f /tmp/php_errors.log

those both terminals will give all needed error messages

if you have no possibility for remote access - please do the logging and
give back the results messages of both terminals (when trying to access
the wfs-configuration list in the frontend) to the mailing list.

best regards

armin

On 03.02.2016 11:02, lukas.bollack wrote:

> Hi Armin
>
> I settled for the solution of changing the data type in my postgis database.
> After that, I needed to go trough the whole process in geoserver again, then
> then, causing me to play around with the wfs configuration. Then something
> weird happened: When I saved a new wfs configuration I got the usual dialog
> box telling me "The WFS configuration has been inserted into the database.
> Go to 'Assign WFS conf to application' and assign the new conf to an
> application." So far so good, but when I tried to assign the wfs
> configuration to a GUI, the configuration I just created did not show up in
> the list. When I checked under "edit existing wfs configuration" it didn't
> show up either. I thought I maybe did something wrong before and tried to do
> the whole wfs configuration again - but it didn't show in the lists
> afterwards too! I then tried making wfs configurations for other wfs
> services, thinking maybe it has something to do with this particular service
> - didn't work either! The weird thing is, when I delete my loaded wfs
> alltogether "delete wfs" I can see in the list: "List of dependend wfs_conf:
> " that new wfs configurations have indeed been created!
>
> This all seems very weird to me. Have I somehow destroyed my mapbender
> installation? Is there something wrong with it that allows only a certain
> numbers of wfs configurations to be created?
>
> Can you help me out? I'm on a loss here.
>
> Regards
> Lukas

Zentrale Stelle Geodateninfrastruktur
Rheinland-Pfalz
LVermGeo-RP

Von-Kuhl-Straße 49
56070 Koblenz

0261/492-466
[hidden email]
http://www.geoportal.rlp.de

Re: Mapbender (2.7.4): Digitizer functionalities

lukas.bollack
Hi Armin

Unfortunately there's no remote access (that I know of). But here's what happened in the log files:

First mb_error_2016_02_03.log:

2016.02.03, 06:23:38,ERROR: User '1' is not allowed to access Wfs conf 13.
2016.02.03, 06:23:38,ERROR: User '1' is not allowed to access Wfs conf 14.

When I look at the whole file there's a lot of "User '1' is not allowed to access..."

Then php_errors.log:

[03-Feb-2016 11:23:33 UTC] PHP Notice:  A session had already been started - ignoring session_start() in /var/www/naturnetz.com/mapbender/lib/class_Mapbender_session.php on line 115
[03-Feb-2016 11:23:33 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: sessionName in /var/www/naturnetz.com/mapbender/http/php/mb_validateSession.php on line 25
[03-Feb-2016 11:23:33 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: lang in /var/www/naturnetz.com/mapbender/http/php/mb_validateSession.php on line 71
[03-Feb-2016 11:23:34 UTC] PHP Notice:  A session had already been started - ignoring session_start() in /var/www/naturnetz.com/mapbender/lib/class_Mapbender_session.php on line 115
[03-Feb-2016 11:23:34 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: sessionName in /var/www/naturnetz.com/mapbender/http/php/mb_validateSession.php on line 25
[03-Feb-2016 11:23:34 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: lang in /var/www/naturnetz.com/mapbender/http/php/mb_validateSession.php on line 71
[03-Feb-2016 11:23:34 UTC] PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant Exception - assumed 'Exception' in /var/www/naturnetz.com/mapbender/http/classes/class_mb_exception.php on line 34
[...]
[03-Feb-2016 11:23:38 UTC] PHP Notice:  A session had already been started - ignoring session_start() in /var/www/naturnetz.com/mapbender/lib/class_Mapbender_session.php on line 115
[03-Feb-2016 11:23:38 UTC] PHP Notice:  A session had already been started - ignoring session_start() in /var/www/naturnetz.com/mapbender/lib/class_Mapbender_session.php on line 115
[03-Feb-2016 11:23:38 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: sessionName in /var/www/naturnetz.com/mapbender/http/php/mb_validateSession.php on line 25
[03-Feb-2016 11:23:38 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: lang in /var/www/naturnetz.com/mapbender/http/php/mb_validateSession.php on line 71
[03-Feb-2016 11:23:38 UTC] PHP Notice:  A session had already been started - ignoring session_start() in /var/www/naturnetz.com/mapbender/lib/class_Mapbender_session.php on line 115
[03-Feb-2016 11:23:38 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: sessionName in /var/www/naturnetz.com/mapbender/http/php/mb_validateSession.php on line 25
[03-Feb-2016 11:23:38 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: lang in /var/www/naturnetz.com/mapbender/http/php/mb_validateSession.php on line 71
[03-Feb-2016 11:23:38 UTC] PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant Exception - assumed 'Exception' in /var/www/naturnetz.com/mapbender/http/classes/class_mb_exception.php on line 34
[03-Feb-2016 11:23:38 UTC] PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant Exception - assumed 'Exception' in /var/www/naturnetz.com/mapbender/http/classes/class_mb_exception.php on line 34

Can you make something of this?

Regards
Lukas

Re: Mapbender (2.7.4): Digitizer functionalities

Jäger, Frank (KRZ)
Hi Lukas,
I have an Installation of Mapbender 2.7.4 in use.
I use some WFS from mapserver for searching and also some WFS-T from Geoserver for digitizing.

WFS-Configuration in Mapbender 2..74 is very tricky.

It is no WFS-Conf shown, when the Admin-GUI "Edit WFS" is loaded.
But a WFS-Conf is shown in the "WFS CONFIURATION LIST" (left bottom), when the related WFS is marked in the "WFS LIST" (left top).
Or "all assigned WFS configurations" is selected.

>  When I
> checked under "edit existing wfs configuration" it didn't show up either.

A (new) WFS-Conf is in the Edit-List only after it is assigned to at least one GUI.
I can't see a reason for this, I think, it's just ab bug.

So if you solved the "assign"-problem, you have also solved the "edit-list"-Problem, too.

> Regards
> Lukas

Other "WFS-Conf-Tricks":

*WFS-Conf für "Search", Selectbox:

  <select id='myColumn' style='position:absolute; left:100px;'>
  <option value=''>...</option>

  So the search-fields look nice alined with a style.
  The build-in Template "<option>...</option>" didn't work, a *value=''* is missing.

But:

*WFS-Conf für "Digitize", Selectbox:

  <select id='myColumn'>

  Don’t use a style here as in "Search".

Frank

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Mapbender (2.7.4): Digitizer functionalities

lukas.bollack
Hi Frank

Thanks for the tip! Now I feel kind of stupid for not having thought of this! Actually, I thought I had thought of this but obviously I haven't.. well anyway it's working now!

Indeed I feel like the whole wfs thing in mapbender 2.7.4 is tricky! I would love to try this in mapbender 3, but wfs is not supported by it's digitizer yet and when I read the description of the digitizer I didn't really grasp how it would work to connect it to a database.

Regards
Lukas

Re: Mapbender (2.7.4): Digitizer functionalities

armin11
cool ;-)

On 03.02.2016 14:22, lukas.bollack wrote:

> Hi Frank
>
> Thanks for the tip! Now I feel kind of stupid for not having thought of
> this! Actually, I thought I had thought of this but obviously I haven't..
> well anyway it's working now!
>
> Indeed I feel like the whole wfs thing in mapbender 2.7.4 is tricky! I would
> love to try this in mapbender 3, but wfs is not supported by it's digitizer
> yet and when I read the description of the digitizer I didn't really grasp
> how it would work to connect it to a database.
>
> Regards
> Lukas

Zentrale Stelle Geodateninfrastruktur
Rheinland-Pfalz
LVermGeo-RP

Von-Kuhl-Straße 49
56070 Koblenz

0261/492-466
[hidden email]
http://www.geoportal.rlp.de

Re: Mapbender (2.7.4): Digitizer functionalities

lukas.bollack
I just noticed another thing that's not working (yet). I have one field where I use a checkbox. The code I use is:
<input type='checkbox' id='status' value='1'>

The data type of the field is "int".

Now when I check the box inside my mapbender application it doesn't seem to do anything. When I load the data in QGIS, the field always has the value "NULL", regardless of wether I checked the box while digitizing the object or not.

Should I maybe use another data type?

Re: Mapbender (2.7.4): Digitizer functionalities

ruhri
Hi Lukas,

MB3 connects directly to PostGIS through it's frameworks middleware (doctrine?).
The db-connection needs to be manually configured in parameters.yml and config.yml.
Afterwards this connection(s) could be used by the digitizer-element, which is itself is accessible via the GUI.
See: http://doc.mapbender3.org/de/bundles/Mapbender/CoreBundle/elements/digitizer.html

At the moment we're funding a few functions to make the digitizer more powerful especially for attributes (complex data-relations, validation, conditional fields in forms, users and rights, multiple geometries per object, etc.), this features should also go upstream to one of the next major releases for MB3...
WFS connections are not in our focus, nor am I sure, whether the above features could all be solved vie WFS-connections.
But WFS should generally be a topic, maybe someone else goes for funding?!

Regards
Ben

Luftbild und Geoinformationssysteme
Kronprinzenstraße 35