Mapbender 2.7.4: A couple of questions

lukas.bollack
Hi Mapbender Mailing List

I have run into some questions while setting up my own mapbender applications and maybe someone can help me out:

- Is there any way to change the styling of external wms (meaning wms from sources other than my own geoserver)?

- I have some wms in my application with large legends. Some of them are external wms-services. My legend window is definitely overcrowded. Is there any way to influence how the layers are displayed here? The legend-module doesn't seem to have much room for customization. I know there is a more advanced module for the layer tree (treeConfGDE) but what about the legend?

- I have found only very little documentation for the different gui-modules in the "Mapbender-Dokumentation" pdf and in the wiki. Is there another place I could look?

Cheers
Lukas

Re: Mapbender 2.7.4: A couple of questions

lukas.bollack
Oh and another question:

How do I set the bounding box for my map window (mapframe1) as well as the overview window (overview)? Does the module take this directly from the bounding box of the background wms?

Re: Mapbender 2.7.4: A couple of questions

Armin Retterath-3
hi lukas,

the styling of external wms only possible, if the wms support sld. in mapbender there is a sld editor to define a specific sld for a external wms. the problem is, that only very few wms support this user defined styling option.
another possibility ist to use different styles - but even here only few wms support this feature.
if a wms has more than one style, in the wms gui configuration you can select the style you want to use - or you can select the style in the layertree if this option is activated in treegde.

yes - the bbox is pulled from the first wms which is in the gui. if you have to alter it, you may alter the bbox in the layer_epsg table directly. alternatively you can cascade a external wms with a local mapserver and register the local mapserver. in the configuration of the mapserver fascade you can alter the wms extent to your needs.

a other possibility to start mapbender is to store a wms and start mapbender with giving the wmc as get parameter:
http://www.mapbender2.org/GET-Parameter
also bbox are supported - maybe this is an alternative ;-) .

to alter a legend for a external wms you have also to edit the database directly :-( - the legends are stored in the layer_style table.

if you have further questions don't hesitate to ask ;-)

armin

Oh and another question:

How do I set the bounding box for my map window (mapframe1) as well as the
overview window (overview)? Does the module take this directly from the
bounding box of the background wms?

Re: Mapbender 2.7.4: A couple of questions

Armin Retterath-3
i forgot - for a dynamic overview there exists a special module with further config options  ;-)

http://www.mapbender2.org/DynamicOverview

[...]

Jäger, Frank (KRZ)

Oh this documentation L

I had the same idea but found only http://www.mapbender2.org/Dynamic_overview

Frank

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Mapbender 2.7.4: A couple of questions

Jäger, Frank (KRZ)
Hi Lukas,
the first WMS is by default the wms for the overview. A Mapbender-GUI starts by default in the max. extent of the Overview when startet from the GUI-List.

You can limit the max. scale of the gui with element "setScaleHint". Then the mapframe starts in the center of the overview but you cannot extend the frame when the GUI is loaded. Its only usefull when you have no WMS - except the overview - that serves the small scale on max. extent.
See:  http://mapbender2.org/SetScaleHint

You can start the GUI from an generated URL with a Position and Scale. But you have to serve GUI, User, Passwort(!) and "mb_myPOI2SCALE" in the URL. Don't use your administrative User-ID. I use a little script to set and hide the parameters: http://map.krz.de/cms/cms2mapu.php?id=466
See  http://mapbender2.org/Mod_setPoi2Scale

You can also set a label like in http://map.krz.de/cms/cms2mapu.php?id=90
See http://mapbender2.org/HighlightPOI

URL like ...
...login.php?name=
&password=
&mb_user_myGui=
&mb_myPOI2SCALE=
&mb_myPOI=

Frank

do you use this?

"Edit Elements" for your GUI.
Module "legend".
Parameter: "Attributes"
Value:

frameborder="1"
onmouseover="this.style.zIndex=300;this.style.width='360px';"
onmouseout="this.style.zIndex=3;this.style.width='250px';"

In my GUIs all Elements in "tabs" like "legend" and "treeGDE" have in "onmouseout" the same small width as tabs (and overview on top).
On "MouseOver" it expands, overlapping a part of mapframe to show legends from wms that are wider then "tabs".

Test: http://map.krz.de/cms/cms2mapu.php?id=422

Frank

Thanks guys, I'll look into your suggestions!

Frank, thanks for the input with "mouseover". My Legend elements all fit in the tabs, so I don't think I'll need it though. My problem with the legend is simply that there are too many items, so it's just one really long list. I would like to organize them into folders or something similar, so not all of them are displayed at the same time.

Re: Mapbender 2.7.4: A couple of questions

lukas.bollack
This may be a stupid question, but I'm not too familiar with databases:

I would like to set the bbox directly in the layer_epsg table. Now I can identify the layer via the layer id so I know which row I have to alter. But pgAdmin tells me I can't do anything in the table because the table doesn't have a primary key. Is there a way to alter the table anyway or should I insert a new attribute and use it as primary key? Will I wreck my database with this?

Re: Mapbender 2.7.4: A couple of questions

Armin Retterath

hi lukas,

please don't alter s.th. in the database.

you have to do an update statement like:

update layer_epsg set minx=6.15, miny=48.70, maxx=9, maxy=98 where fkey_layer_id = 19333 and epsg='EPSG:4326';

beware - if you update the wms - the extent will be overwritten! - store the sql, to set it again after an update if the wms is from an external source. ;-)

armin

"lukas.bollack" <[hidden email]> hat am 16. Februar 2016 um 16:17 geschrieben:

This may be a stupid question, but I'm not too familiar with databases:

I would like to set the bbox directly in the layer_epsg table. Now I can
identify the layer via the layer id so I know which row I have to alter. But
pgAdmin tells me I can't do anything in the table because the table doesn't
have a primary key. Is there a way to alter the table anyway or should I
insert a new attribute and use it as primary key? Will I wreck my database
with this?

Re: Mapbender 2.7.4: A couple of questions

lukas.bollack
Thanks a lot, this worked! :)