MapServer Rest API

Damien Mulder
Hi all,
I'm currently looking if it is possible to dynamically create a MapServer configuration, preferably through a REST API.​
This was previously discussed in: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/REST-config-API-td4257211.html.​
A MapServer Rest API (MRA) does exist on https://github.com/neogeo-technologies/mra, but I can't find much mention of this by other users.​
Does anyone have experience using this API?​
Or is anyone familiar with another way to dynamically create/update mapserver mapfiles?​
Kind regards,​
Damien Mulder

Re: MapServer Rest API

Seth G-2
Hi Damien,

So the REST API is more for modifying Mapfiles rather than accessing data?
The latter looks like it will gradually happen with the implementation of the OGC Features API.

I've not heard of https://github.com/neogeo-technologies/mra before. Looks like there was a recent bug fix so maybe still active? I'm unaware of any others.

I sometimes make dynamic maps by storing a Python dict object and manipulating it based on requests and using https://mappyfile.readthedocs.io to write back to a Mapfile.

Seth

--
web:http://geographika.co.uk
twitter: @geographika

On Tue, Oct 1, 2019, at 1:26 PM, Damien Mulder wrote:
Hi all,

I'm currently looking if it is possible to dynamically create a MapServer configuration, preferably through a REST API.
This was previously discussed in: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/REST-config-API-td4257211.html.

A MapServer Rest API (MRA) does exist on https://github.com/neogeo-technologies/mra, but I can't find much mention of this by other users.
Does anyone have experience using this API?
Or is anyone familiar with another way to dynamically create/update mapserver mapfiles?

Kind regards,
Damien Mulder

Re: MapServer Rest API

Damien Mulder
Hi Seth,
Thanks for your reply!​
Yes, the modification of Mapfiles through an API is what I'm looking for.​
We are thinking of replacing GeoServer instances by MapServer.​
So the geo-data will be retrieved by using the OGC WMS and WFS-requests.​
Currently, we can change configuration through the GeoServer REST API.​
I will defintely look into the mappyfile library, to see if we can recreate that functionality.​