[MapProxy] non-MIME supported format for WMS source

[MapProxy] non-MIME supported format for WMS source

Pestereva, Anna
Hello all,

I am trying to use a WMS source that only works when requested in 'JPG' format, not 'image/jpeg'. I am trying following in my configuration:

  lidar_wms:
    type: wms
    req:
      url: http://ortho.gis.iastate.edu/server.cgi?wmtver=1.0
      layers: lidar_hs
      transparent: true
    supported_srs: ['EPSG:26915']
    supported_formats: ['JPG']
    coverage:
      bbox: [-96.8, 39, -90, 45.1]
      bbox_srs: 'EPSG:4326'

globals:
  image:
    formats:
      JPG:
        format: image/jpeg

However I am still receiving error response from the server - "Unsupported format image/jpg. Try JPG instead." So it looks like even when specifying custom format xxx, Mapproxy sends request as image/xxx. But this source will only accept exact 'JPG' requests.

What can I do to make it work?

Example of successful request:
http://ortho.gis.iastate.edu/server.cgi?wmtver=1.0&SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=GetMap&VERSION=1.1.1&LAYERS=lidar_hs&FORMAT=JPG&HEIGHT=256&WIDTH=256&SRS=EPSG%3A26915&BBOX=524288,4587520,655360,4718592

Thank you!

--
Anna Pestereva | Application Developer & Cartographer
Aerial Services, Inc. (ASI)

Re: [MapProxy] non-MIME supported format for WMS source

Oliver Tonnhofer-3
Hi,

it looks like this is a WMS 1.0.0 service. You can set the version with wms_opts. See:
http://mapproxy.org/docs/nightly/sources.html#wms-opts

lidar_wms:
  wms_opts:
    version: 1.0.0
  req:
    url: http://ortho.gis.iastate.edu/server.cgi

Oliver

--
Oliver Tonnhofer  | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG  | http://omniscale.com
OpenStreetMap WMS and tile services         | http://maps.omniscale.com

> On 23.07.2015, at 05:34, Pestereva, Anna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to use a WMS source that only works when requested in 'JPG' format, not 'image/jpeg'. I am trying following in my configuration:
>
>   lidar_wms:
>     type: wms
>     req:
>       url: http://ortho.gis.iastate.edu/server.cgi?wmtver=1.0
>       layers: lidar_hs
>       transparent: true
>     supported_srs: ['EPSG:26915']
>     supported_formats: ['JPG']
>     coverage:
>       bbox: [-96.8, 39, -90, 45.1]
>       bbox_srs: 'EPSG:4326'
>
> globals:
>   image:
>     formats:
>       JPG:
>         format: image/jpeg
>

> However I am still receiving error response from the server - "Unsupported format image/jpg. Try JPG instead." So it looks like even when specifying custom format xxx, Mapproxy sends request as image/xxx. But this source will only accept exact 'JPG' requests.
>
> What can I do to make it work?
>
> Example of successful request:
> http://ortho.gis.iastate.edu/server.cgi?wmtver=1.0&SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=GetMap&VERSION=1.1.1&LAYERS=lidar_hs&FORMAT=JPG&HEIGHT=256&WIDTH=256&SRS=EPSG%3A26915&BBOX=524288,4587520,655360,4718592
>
> Thank you!
>
> --
> Anna Pestereva | Application Developer & Cartographer
> Aerial Services, Inc. (ASI)
> Office: (319) 277-0436 | Fax: (866) 800-4799
> 6315 Chancellor Drive | Cedar Falls, Iowa 50613
> [hidden email] | LinkedIn
> www.AerialServicesInc.com | Photo{blog}metry

Re: [MapProxy] non-MIME supported format for WMS source

Pestereva, Anna
Oliver,

Thank you very much for the suggestion! I'm sorry, replied too quickly last time.

I removed my custom image format options, but still getting same problems.. I am also looking at source-requests.log now.
If I remove   supported_formats: ['...']   line - Mapproxy requests data in image/png format, and nothing shows up in the browser
If I use   supported_formats: ['JPG']  or with 'JPG/JPEG' or 'JPEG/JPG' or 'jpg' - request goes as image/jpg and I see same old error in the browser: Unsupported format image/jpg. Try JPG instead.
If I use   supported_formats: ['JPEG']   - request goes as image/jpeg and I see the error in the browser: Unsupported format image/jpeg. Try JPG instead.

I am not sure what else I can do.. Or maybe I'm missing something obvious.
Below is my full configuration in case it affects something (left out a few other layers, caches and sources)

services:
  demo:
  tms:
    use_grid_names: true
    # origin for /tiles service
    origin: 'nw'
  kml:
      use_grid_names: true
  wmts:
    md:
      title: ASI WMTS Imagery
      abstract: WMTS Imagery service by Aerial Services, Inc. via Mapproxy
  wms:
#    attribution:
#      text: Imagery by Aerial Services, Inc.
    md:
      title: ASI WMS Imagery
      abstract:  WMS Imagery service by Aerial Services, Inc. via Mapproxy

layers:
  - name: asi_lidarhs
    title: Lidar HS from DNR WMS for asi
    sources: [lidar_cache]

caches:
  lidar_cache:
    grids: [webmercator]
    sources: [lidar_wms]

parts:
  on_error: &onerror
    other:
      response: transparent
      cache: false

sources:
  lidar_wms:
    type: wms
    wms_opts:
      version: 1.0.0
    req:
      url: http://ortho.gis.iastate.edu/server.cgi
      layers: lidar_hs
#      transparent: true
    supported_srs: ['EPSG:26915']
    supported_formats: ['JPG']
    coverage:
      bbox: [-96.8, 39, -90, 45.1]
      bbox_srs: 'EPSG:4326'

grids:
  webmercator:
    base: GLOBAL_WEBMERCATOR

globals:
  image:
    paletted: false
  cache:
    meta_size: [4, 4]

Thank you very much! Will appreciate any help.
Anna

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 1:55 AM, Oliver Tonnhofer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

please always reply to the list. We do our free support only on the public mailing list, so that all users can benefit.
JPG/JPEG is the valid format name for 1.0.0 and it should work if you remove all your custom image/format options.

Regards,
Oliver
--
> [...]

> >   image:
> >     formats:
> >       JPG:
> >         format: image/jpeg
> >

> > However I am still receiving error response from the server - "Unsupported format image/jpg. Try JPG instead." So it looks like even when specifying custom format xxx, Mapproxy sends request as image/xxx. But this source will only accept exact 'JPG' requests.
> >
> > What can I do to make it work?
> >
> > Example of successful request:
> > http://ortho.gis.iastate.edu/server.cgi?wmtver=1.0&SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=GetMap&VERSION=1.1.1&LAYERS=lidar_hs&FORMAT=JPG&HEIGHT=256&WIDTH=256&SRS=EPSG%3A26915&BBOX=524288,4587520,655360,4718592
> >
> > Thank you!
> >
> > --
> > Anna Pestereva | Application Developer & Cartographer

Re: [MapProxy] non-MIME supported format for WMS source

the configuration is right, but it doesn’t work. This is clearly a bug.
I’ve created an issue https://github.com/mapproxy/mapproxy/issues/188

Regards,
Oliver

Oliver Tonnhofer-5