[MapProxy] mapproxy (merging two caches into one layer)

[MapProxy] mapproxy (merging two caches into one layer)

Schmutz Daniel

Hello Mapproxy-Mailing-List

We would like to merge two caches into one layer but are having difficulties.

We have pre-generated all required Tiles (dataformat=png, size=512x512px) for all of our zoom levels for all of our maps (source type=mapnik), using the seeding functionality. When all of the Tiles were generated, we made all folders immutable (read only) (sudo chattr -R +i /home/administrator/Data/mpy/sbm_av_grau_EPSG2056), withholding Mapproxy from generating unwanted Tiles. These Tiles are used in WMS and WMTS connections.

We now want to merge two particular caches (two folders/layers having the same tile size, the same srs, the same origin, the same stretch factor but different bbox). We would like to access the Tiles directly (source type=mapnik is no longer required as all Tiles are available).

We have made a transition between the individual caches (max_res=650 and min_res=650). The problem that we are having is that we can only see one of the caches but never both at the same time. The merged layer in our configuration file is called ‚sbm_osm_kombiniert_farb‘.

Have attached the yaml configuration file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards Daniel

Freundliche Grüsse

Daniel Schmutz

Schällibaum AG   Ingenieure und Architekten,   Ebnaterstrasse 143,   CH-9630  Wattwil

T +41 71 987 60 90, F +41 71 987 60 91, www.schaellibaum.ch

Daniel Schmutz, Geomatikingenieur

Direkt +41 71 987 00 68, Mobile +41 79 479 76 55, Email [hidden email]

mpy_conf_main.yaml (12K) Download Attachment

Re: [MapProxy] mapproxy (merging two caches into one layer)

Travis Kirstine
I think you need to perform the merge at the cache level and I believe you need to store the tiles. Try something like this:

caches:
  sbm_osm_kombiniert_farb_eur:
    grids: [epsg2056_lv95_europa]
    sources: [sbm_osm_kombiniert_farb_eur_source]
  sbm_osm_kombiniert_farb_sui:
    grids: [epsg2056_lv95_voll]
    sources: [sbm_osm_kombiniert_farb_sui_source]
    disable_storage: true
  merged_cache_osm:
    grids: [ epsg2056_lv95_voll, epsg2056_lv95_europa]
    sources: [sbm_osm_kombiniert_farb_eur_source,  sbm_osm_kombiniert_farb_sui_source]
    # other stuff - meta_buffer / meta_size etc....
    cache:
      type: # all your cache parameters

layers:
- name: sbm_osm_kombiniert_farb