[MapProxy] Using mapproxy with MapBox

Gerhard Häring
Is it possible to use mapproxy against the tile server from MapBox.com? Does anybody have a configuration for this? That would be lovely.

-- Gerhard

> Is it possible to use mapproxy against the tile server from MapBox.com?

Yes

> Does anybody have a configuration for this? That would be lovely.

Yes,
Comes as PM.

  Frank

-- Gerhard

smime.p7s (10K) Download Attachment

Re: [MapProxy] Using mapproxy with MapBox

Oliver Tonnhofer-5

On 09.04.2014, at 22:42, Gerhard Häring wrote:
> Is it possible to use mapproxy against the tile server from MapBox.com? Does anybody have a configuration for this? That would be lovely.

Possible yes. Should work the same as the OpenStreetMap source here: http://mapproxy.org/docs/nightly/configuration_examples.html#create-wms-from-existing-tile-server

But double check with the terms of service of MapBox. I bet that they do not permit caching (similar to Google Maps, Bing, etc.).

Regards,
Oliver

--
Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.com
http://mapproxy.org | https://github.com/olt    | @oltonn

Re: [MapProxy] Using mapproxy with MapBox

Tobias Wendorff
Hi,

Am 10.04.2014 14:07, schrieb Oliver Tonnhofer:
> But double check with the terms of service of MapBox. I bet that they do not permit caching (similar to Google Maps, Bing, etc.).

I wonder, if it's allowed to use them as "direct sources" without
caching. AFAIK Bing and ESRI use to say: you have to use our API.
This would permit MapProxy at all.

Best regards,
Tobias

On 10.04.2014, at 15:09, Tobias Wendorff wrote:
> Am 10.04.2014 14:07, schrieb Oliver Tonnhofer:
>> But double check with the terms of service of MapBox. I bet that they do not permit caching (similar to Google Maps, Bing, etc.).
>
> I wonder, if it's allowed to use them as "direct sources" without
> caching. AFAIK Bing and ESRI use to say: you have to use our API.
> This would permit MapProxy at all.

I think they are pretty clear that you have to use their JavaScript API and downloading via HTTP is not permitted. But IANAL.

Regards,
Oliver