[MapProxy] Seeding using shape files

Natalia Busto Jimenez

Hi all,

I have a doubt to seed a cache using shape files and I don’t know if what I want to do is possible or not.

I explain myself…

I want to cache the flood areas of several countries using a shapefile which contains different polygons.

The shapefile to use would be similar to this. (Colors doesn’t matter)

In this case, in the example above, each polygon represent a possible flood area.

What I want to do is to cache only the “areas” of the WMS service which are covered by a polygon.

I have tested two different configurations but I have obtained the same results.

·         Configuration 1

In this case I use a restricted shapefile with only two polygons.

However the summary of mapproxy-seed does not limited the area to cache to the two polygons. It cache all the bbox marked in red.

·         Configuration 2

The configuration number two, is similar to the previous one, but in this case, I have created the coverage areas using a where clause, selecting a specific polygon.

However the summary result is the same:

Is there any configuration that allows caching only the area covered by the polygons?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Natalia

Re: [MapProxy] Seeding using shape files

Just van den Broecke
Hi Natalia,

I am using coverages with MP 1.8.0 as well. I don't use Shapefiles but
dynamic GML (or GeoRSS) files with multiple Polygons (multiple
rectangles where new GPS tracks are), but MP can use any OGR datasource
for a Coverage. My config settings are a bit different from yours, e.g.

coverages:
   georambling_heat_coverage:
      ogr_datasource: 'coverages/coverage.gml'
      ogr_srs: 'EPSG:4326'

(I now see I use the old config settings, ogr_datasource should be
datasource etc). Have you also installed all required libs, as in
http://mapproxy.org/docs/1.8.0/coverages.html? The other thing may be
the EPSG:32633. You may try to convert the .shp to EPSG:4326 or even a
GML using ogr2ogr.

best,

Just
On 08-09-15 17:15, Natalia Busto Jimenez wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a doubt to seed a cache using shape files and I don’t know if
> what I want to do is possible or not.
>
> I explain myself…
>
> I want to cache the flood areas of several countries using a shapefile
> which contains different polygons.
>
> The shapefile to use would be similar to this. (Colors doesn’t matter)
>
> In this case, in the example above, each polygon represent a possible
> flood area.
>
> What I want to do is to cache only the “areas” of the WMS service which
> are covered by a polygon.
>
> I have tested two different configurations but I have obtained the same
> results.
>
> ·*Configuration 1*
>
> In this case I use a restricted shapefile with only two polygons.
>
> However the summary of mapproxy-seed does not limited the area to cache
> to the two polygons. It cache all the bbox marked in red.
>
> ·*Configuration 2*
>
> The configuration number two, is similar to the previous one, but in
> this case, I have created the coverage areas using a where clause,
> selecting a specific polygon.
>
> However the summary result is the same:
>
> Is there any configuration that allows caching only the area covered by
> the polygons?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards
>
> Natalia

Re: [MapProxy] Seeding using shape files

Oliver Tonnhofer-5

your configuration should work.
Printing the coverage in the summary would not be helpful, so it just shows you the bbox of the coverage.

Regards,
Oliver

--
Oliver Tonnhofer  | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG  | http://omniscale.com