[MapProxy] MapProxy on Ubuntu 20.04

Stefan Peuser
I have not expressed myself clearly.

The installation of MapProxy 1.12 was successful. But I cannot install all other packages.

apt-get install libproj12 —> E: Paket libproj12 kann nicht gefunden werden (not found)

apt-get install python-shapely —> E: Paket python-stapels kann nicht gefunden werden (not found)

Starting mapproxy-utilitaristischste serve-develop /path/xyz.yaml leads to an error:

ImportError: cannot import name ‘escape‘ from ‘cgi‘ (/usr/lib/python3.8/cgi.py)

The call of localhost:8080 after mapproxy-util serve-multiapp-develop /path/ is successful. All files are listed. But selecting a file from the list leads to an error:

ImportError: cannot import name ‘escape‘ from ‘cgi‘ (/usr/lib/python3.8/cgi.py)

Note: Everything works fine on Ubuntu 18.

Re: [MapProxy] MapProxy on Ubuntu 20.04

Sebastiaan Couwenberg
On 5/24/20 1:56 PM, Stefan Peuser wrote:
> I have not expressed myself clearly.
>
>  The installation of MapProxy 1.12 was successful. But I cannot install all other packages.
>  apt-get install libproj12 —> E: Paket libproj12 kann nicht gefunden werden (not found) apt-get install python-shapely —> E: Paket python-stapels kann nicht gefunden werden (not found)
>  Starting mapproxy-utilitaristischste serve-develop /path/xyz.yaml leads to an error: ImportError: cannot import name ‘escape‘ from ‘cgi‘ (/usr/lib/python3.8/cgi.py)
>  The call of localhost:8080 after mapproxy-util serve-multiapp-develop /path/ is successful. All files are listed. But selecting a file from the list leads to an error: ImportError: cannot import name ‘escape‘ from ‘cgi‘ (/usr/lib/python3.8/cgi.py)
>  Note: Everything works fine on Ubuntu 18.

Most if not all of the geospatial packages dropped support for Python 2
since that EOL since the beginning of this year.

`apt install python3-shapely` works.

You shouldn't need to install libproj manually, libproj15 is already
installed via python3-pyproj which is a dependency of python3-mapproxy.

The ImportError is caused by python3.8 removing the escape function from
the cgi module, that can be fixed by imported it from the html module.

Since the geospatial packages are not actively maintained within Ubuntu
this issue is unlikely to get fixed there, unless someone steps up to
incorporate the fix from Debian when it lands there.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1
Fingerprint: 8182 DE41 7056 408D 6146  50D1 6750 F10A E88D 4AF1

[MapProxy] MapProxy works with dynamic Legend?

Robert k
Hello everybody,

I had a question about legend images in MapProxy.

Is it possible to set up dynamic legend images in MapProxy? Does that mean that MapProxy sends the parameters Width, Heigth and BBOX to the
legend url?

Since I have defined the WMS source source as MapServer in Mapproxy, I want Mapproxy not to cache the legend images and to forward the requests
to MapServer.

Can someone help me there?

Regards Robert

Re: [MapProxy] MapProxy works with dynamic Legend?

Robert k
Hi Travis,

thank you for the answer.

Unfortunately I can only confirm that it does not work. I think you can expand the legend function in MapProxy here.

I am currently using an Apache rewrite-function to redirect the legend URL to the local mapserver. And it works ;)

Kind regards Robert