[MapProxy] MapProxy minimal for production mode

[MapProxy] MapProxy minimal for production mode

Loïc Vasseur
Hello,

I wonder to know if I can run MapProxy in production using the embedded HTTP server ? I want to use 2 instances of MapProxy, each on a debian server and behind a HAProxy for balancing requests.
Can I or it's not recommended at all ?

Re: [MapProxy] MapProxy minimal for production mode

Juan Carvajal B.
Hello Loïc,

have you had a look at docker? It allows you to have as many instances as you want.

best,

Juan Carlos Carvajal Bermúdez
+43 650 477 0005
[hidden email]
Nordwestbahnstrasse 49/26
AT 1200, Wien
www.juan-carlos.info

Join our mailing list (Max 1-mail / month)

Am Mi., 13. Mai 2020 um 15:21 Uhr schrieb Loïc Vasseur <[hidden email]>:
Hello,

I wonder to know if I can run MapProxy in production using the embedded HTTP server ? I want to use 2 instances of MapProxy, each on a debian server and behind a HAProxy for balancing requests.
Can I or it's not recommended at all ?

Re: [MapProxy] MapProxy minimal for production mode

Loïc Vasseur
Hello thank you all for your answer. We will try to use uwsgi for our production mode. I keep you inform.

Re: [MapProxy] MapProxy minimal for production mode

Travis Kirstine
In regards to setting up the mapproxy service we are using gunicorn as the backend WSGI server with a nginx proxy.  I have noticed that gunicorn is no longer mentioned in the docs and there have been some issues newer versions (we use v 18).  So using uwsgi is probably a good choice

Regards.

On Tue, 19 May 2020 at 09:20, Loïc Vasseur <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello thank you all for your answer. We will try to use uwsgi for our production mode. I keep you inform.

Re: [MapProxy] MapProxy minimal for production mode

Tobias Wendorff
Am 19.05.2020 um 17:21 schrieb Travis Kirstine:
> In regards to setting up the mapproxy service we are using gunicorn as
> the backend WSGI server with a nginx proxy.  I have noticed that
> gunicorn is no longer mentioned in the docs and there have been some
> issues newer versions (we use v 18).  So using uwsgi is probably a good
> choice

I've got good results with https://github.com/jonashaag/bjoern

I've written a WSGI-benchmark, which tests the best performance on my
servers. I really should create a GIT repository with that.

Also, Caddy2 webbrowser (now OpenSource) had a better performance than
Apache2 and nginx here. It's hard for me to use nginx on some projects,
since there might be known problems with copyright.

@ Travis: Sorry, I've pressed the wrong button before. It didn't intend
to send you a private message :-)

Re: [MapProxy] MapProxy minimal for production mode

Brian Wilson
I use waitress for wsgi behind an nginx reverse proxy and it works just fine, but performance is not an issue for us so I've never tested it against others.

We use mapproxy to cache airphotos and hillshades used in our county webmaps.

Initially I chose waitress because it will run on Windows. I was going to try to put it in a Windows docker but every time I install Docker on our Windows server it wants to curl up in a little ball so I run it on Debian.

Our full rollout uses 4 docker containers. 1 reverse proxy, 2 manages Let's Encrypt certificates, 3 MapProxy, and 4 CouchDB (the tile store for mapproxy). I could split them off onto separate machines but as I said, there is no performance problem so there is no need.

Brian