[MapProxy] Getting different colors in WMS PNG layer from its Tile source

[MapProxy] Getting different colors in WMS PNG layer from its Tile source

jaslee
Hi,
I have a ZXY map tile service (like OSM) which we use as the source of a layer in Mapproxy. However, when I request a WMS image of this layer, I can see that the colors are not exactly the same. I have read the docs regarding color settings and here are my globals:

######################
globals:
    mode: RGB
    paletted: false
    colors: 0
    resampling_method: bicubic
######################

The source tiles are 8bit RGB where the palette is different for each tile call. And here is a screen grab with the WMS image on the left and the original Tile on the right:

As can be seen, the road/path feature is white in the original tile BUT is grey in the WMS image.

Any ideas?

Jason

Re: [MapProxy] Getting different colors in WMS PNG layer from its Tile source

jaslee
Just to add some more details:

* I’m on the latest version of MapProxy.(1.11)
* The image coming back from the MapProxy WMS-C service is 8-bit and as the component tiles all have slightly different pallettes, it’s perhaps no surprise that there’s a colour compromise. In this case, white turning into a exisiting pale grey.
* In summary, I’d like to have 8-bit paletted tiles as input and 24-bit colour for WMS-C output.

On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 1:02 PM Jason Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Seems to be fixed with the following in my globals:
######################
globals:
    image:
        paletted: false
######################

Those image format options seems to make only apply under the "image:" section!

It's frustrating that Mapproxy didn't error or warn on my initial settings.

On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 2:02 PM Jason Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Oliver Tonnhofer-5
Hi,

I'm getting the following warnings:

% mapproxy-util serve-develop mapproxy.yaml
[2018-08-13 08:22:50,191] mapproxy.config - INFO - reading: /private/tmp/test/mapproxy.yaml
[2018-08-13 08:22:50,197] mapproxy.config - WARNING - unknown 'colors' in globals
[2018-08-13 08:22:50,197] mapproxy.config - WARNING - unknown 'paletted' in globals
[2018-08-13 08:22:50,197] mapproxy.config - WARNING - unknown 'mode' in globals
[2018-08-13 08:22:50,197] mapproxy.config - WARNING - unknown 'resampling_method' in globals

Regards,
Oliver

--
Oliver Tonnhofer  | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG  | https://omniscale.com