[MapProxy] Better gui

Brian Wilson
I'd like the web page for mapproxy to look like a dash instead of what we have now (demo).
Is there anyone working on this?

--
Brian Wilson
tel:707-827-0001

Re: [MapProxy] Better gui

Just van den Broecke
Well, not really a "no" IMHO, just give folks some time.
Yes, please do fork and PR! Maybe a sketch what you have in mind for UI..

MapProxy is a very stable and mature product, "does the job"
out-of-the-box (e.g. various Docker images), well-documented, hence not
many will turn to the mailing list.

Best,

Just

On 05-02-20 20:19, Brian Wilson wrote:

> I guess the lack of response means "no"! So I will fork on github and
> give it a try.
>
> --Brian
>
> On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 12:33 PM Brian Wilson <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     I'd like the web page for mapproxy to look like a dash instead of
>     what we have now (demo).
>     Is there anyone working on this?
>
>     --
>     Brian Wilson
>     tel:707-827-0001
>

> --
> Brian Wilson
> tel:707-827-0001

Re: [MapProxy] Better gui

jratike80

I was uncertain about what was suggested. I never knew that MapProxy had a gui. For me MapProxy is a bunch of commandline options and couple of configuration files which I edit with text editor. I am sure I will understood better once I can see examples about what "look like a dash" seems.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Lähetetty: torstai 6. helmikuuta 2020 13.05
Vastaanottaja: [hidden email]
Aihe: Re: [MapProxy] Better gui

Well, not really a "no" IMHO, just give folks some time.
Yes, please do fork and PR! Maybe a sketch what you have in mind for UI..

MapProxy is a very stable and mature product, "does the job"
out-of-the-box (e.g. various Docker images), well-documented, hence not many will turn to the mailing list.

Best,

Just

On 05-02-20 20:19, Brian Wilson wrote:

> I guess the lack of response means "no"! So I will fork on github and
> give it a try.
>
> --Brian
>
> On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 12:33 PM Brian Wilson <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     I'd like the web page for mapproxy to look like a dash instead of
>     what we have now (demo).
>     Is there anyone working on this?
>
>     --
>     Brian Wilson
>     tel:707-827-0001
>

> --
> Brian Wilson
> tel:707-827-0001

Re: [MapProxy] Better gui

lars lingner-6
Hello,

there is a repository for mapproxy-webconf [1]

I'm not aware of any other development. Just in case there is, I'd also
like to know :)

Lars

[1] https://github.com/mapproxy/mapproxy-webconf

Am 05.02.20 um 20:19 schrieb Brian Wilson:

> I guess the lack of response means "no"! So I will fork on github and
> give it a try.
>
> --Brian
>
> On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 12:33 PM Brian Wilson <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     I'd like the web page for mapproxy to look like a dash instead of
>     what we have now (demo).
>     Is there anyone working on this?
>
>     --
>     Brian Wilson
>     tel:707-827-0001
>

> --
> Brian Wilson
> tel:707-827-0001

Re: [MapProxy] Better gui

Brian Wilson
The built in GUI is the "demo" mode. I will issue a pull request when I figure out what small changes I could put in there. I would like it to look better so I can more proudly show it to co-workers and I'd like more of the underlying config exposed (for example service titles and metadata)

Having MapProxy look good is not trivial, it helps sell it to people I work with.

I saw the mapproxy-webconf thing and have not gotten it running yet.

The "big picture" dash I am thinking about is probably a completely separate standalone web app so it does not have to be a pull request. I might make a few small requests to make the two components (mapproxy and my webapp) work together but otherwise, it's separate. If I get a prototype up I will tell you about it here.

Brian

On Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 3:56 AM Rahkonen Jukka (MML) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I was uncertain about what was suggested. I never knew that MapProxy had a gui. For me MapProxy is a bunch of commandline options and couple of configuration files which I edit with text editor. I am sure I will understood better once I can see examples about what "look like a dash" seems.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Lähetetty: torstai 6. helmikuuta 2020 13.05
Vastaanottaja: [hidden email]
Aihe: Re: [MapProxy] Better gui

Well, not really a "no" IMHO, just give folks some time.
Yes, please do fork and PR! Maybe a sketch what you have in mind for UI..

MapProxy is a very stable and mature product, "does the job"
out-of-the-box (e.g. various Docker images), well-documented, hence not many will turn to the mailing list.

Best,

Just

On 05-02-20 20:19, Brian Wilson wrote:
> I guess the lack of response means "no"! So I will fork on github and
> give it a try.
>
> --Brian
>
> On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 12:33 PM Brian Wilson <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     I'd like the web page for mapproxy to look like a dash instead of
>     what we have now (demo).
>     Is there anyone working on this?
>
>     --
>     Brian Wilson