MapGuide as WMS server - high CPU usage, poor performance

MapGuide as WMS server - high CPU usage, poor performance

rob_
Hi,

MapGuide (AIMS 2013) runs as WMS server. Whenever I have a getmap request the cpu usage of the server goes through the roof. CPU runs at nearly 100% for a few seconds. When I display the same layers in a plain map with Basic Weblayout the cpu usage is below 30% and only for a second or so. Performance of WMS is therefore really poor.

The data is in epsg 21781 and the wms is puplished with epsg 21871 as well. My wms client requests the layers in epsg 21781 – so I don’t think MapGuide does any transformation. But why is CPU usage so high? Anyone else running MapGuide as WMS server?

I have already switch data source from Oracle to SDF but to no avail.

Rob

Re: MapGuide as WMS server - high CPU usage, poor performance

rob_

Hi,

Anyone using MGOS or AIMS as WMS server?

Any experience with regards to performance?

Rob

Re: MapGuide as WMS server - high CPU usage, poor performance

Kori Maleski
Have you tweaked your serverconfig.ini?

Under FeatureServiceProperties, increase Pool and/or Cache sizes.

.

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 4:38 AM, Fritz Robert <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

Anyone using MGOS or AIMS as WMS server?

Any experience with regards to performance?

Rob

Re: MapGuide as WMS server - high CPU usage, poor performance

Hans Milling
Hi Rob

I am sad to say that my experience is the same as yours. The WMS is very slow and uses a lot of resources. Also I found that Esri ArcView/Map/GIS does not like the XML that MapGuide WMS produces, and does not work at all. MapInfo and QGIS have no problem with the WMS from a MapGuide server.
Most of our clients set up a separate GeoServer to make public WMS or WFS instead of using the MapGuide server.

Best regards
  Hans Milling...

Re: MapGuide as WMS server - high CPU usage, poor performance

rob_
Hi Hans,

Thank you for your reply. Good to have it confirmed - otherwise one always ponders whether one does something wrong....