MapGuide RFC 161 - Geo-Processing Services

MapGuide RFC 161 - Geo-Processing Services

Jackie Ng
Hi All,

I've put up a new RFC for review.

https://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc161

Comments/feedback appreciated.

- Jackie

Re: MapGuide RFC 161 - Geo-Processing Services

Crispin_at_Linknode
I appreciate the logic for the 7-decimal places for data outlines in the RFC.  But for engineering geometry I think that should be (optionally) room for more.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_degrees outlines graticule precision to real world...

... can you confirm that this 7-dp is just a default and that overrides will be tested in the Unit Tests.

Great work - Crispin

Re: MapGuide RFC 161 - Geo-Processing Services

Jackie Ng
7 dp is indeed the default (I took the default value the OGR GeoJSON driver uses for RFC 7946 GeoJSON). We have tests for converting values with different # of decimals applied.

Or, would it be better to play it safe if we just gave MgGeoJsonWriter a "convert as-is" mode and not apply capping decimal places if in this mode? We can adjust mapagent operations to use this mode in the absence of any numerical PRECISION parameter value in the request.

- Jackie

Re: MapGuide RFC 161 - Geo-Processing Services

Jackie Ng
RFC has been amended to note that GeoJSON coordinate precision is now opt-in. By default coordinates will be written out as-is.

- Jackie