MapGuide RFC 160 - Enhanced command-line support

MapGuide RFC 160 - Enhanced command-line support

Jackie Ng
Hi All,

I've put up a new RFC for review.

https://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc160

Comments/feedback appreciated.

- Jackie

Re: MapGuide RFC 160 - Enhanced command-line support

Crispin_at_Linknode
Hi,

What was the reasoning behind using GEOS for the Geo processing rather than the FDO geometry tools/utilities (if I understood right)

Re: MapGuide RFC 160 - Enhanced command-line support

Jackie Ng
I guess you're referring to the (still in draft) RFC 161 and not 160?

The reasoning for GEOS is that MgGeometry project already uses and wraps it. All current operations like union/intersect/etc go through it, so we're just bubbling up more of its capabilities to the MgGeometry API.

Secondly the Web Tier (that comprises the public MapGuide Web API) does not have a direct dependency on FDO, because its services are proxy clients to the real service implementations (on the Server Tier) that do have a direct dependency on FDO.

- Jackie