MapGuide Open Source 3.0 RC1 released

Jackie Ng
We are pleased to announce that the MapGuide Open Source project team has made MapGuide Open Source 3.0 RC1 available

Documentation: Updated Developer's Guide, API reference documentation and sample code are now included with the installer. The release notes contain information on API changes for MapGuide 3.0

If you find a defect, please report it using http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide

An important thing to note about this release is that several USA-specific coordinate system grid files have been omitted from all installation packages. This would only affect users whose maps and data use a US-based coordinate system based on an NSRS datum (see: http://trac.osgeo.org/csmap/wiki/CsMapRfc7 for more information).

If you are one such affected user, we've provided these omitted data files as a supplemental download that's available in the release notes page.

Also once again, a reminder that the 64-bit Linux builds we make available are recommended only for testing purposes and should not be considered for production deployment for this release cycle, even when 3.0 goes final.