MapGuide Open Source 2.4 Preview Release 2

MapGuide Open Source 2.4 Preview Release 2

Jackie Ng
Hi All,

I've put up a 2nd preview release of MapGuide Open Source 2.4. Besides the regular Windows installers, this release also includes 32-bit binaries for Ubuntu Linux 11.10 (yes that right!) and new InstantSetup zip bundles (configured via the MgInstantSetup utility). There are no binaries yet for CentOS (still some kinks to work out)

The InstantSetup bundles are recommended if you desire a non-standard installation of MapGuide and/or want to have an installation of MGOS 2.4 side-by-side with an older release.

FDO is still currently the 3.7 beta1 SDK, and the 3.7 beta1 CentOS SDK for Ubuntu.

This release is mainly for locking down and stabilizing the installer/build infrastructures so we can the put out beta/RC/final releases without any major installer issues. Most/all installer related issues should be fixed now. Also SVN metadata is *optional* as of this release. This release is built from r6579 of the 2.4 branch.

Downloads available from the updated release notes:

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/Release/2.4/Notes

I've also blogged about what's new in the 2.4 installer:

http://themapguyde.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/mapguide-open-source-24-comprehensive.html

- Jackie

Note: InstantSetup bundles are still uploading as of this post. So wait a few hours.

Re: MapGuide Open Source 2.4 Preview Release 2

Jackie Ng
InstantSetup bundles are finally up (damn clogged internet tubes!)

- Jackie

Re: MapGuide Open Source 2.4 Preview Release 2

Crispin_at_Linknode
Installed on Windows 7 x64 for IIS with .net

I changes the default ports to 2830/2831/2832 and web tier tests all appear to be running OK.

Logon as admin (login.php) is working as I had enables CGI within Windows a la Add/Remove Programs and Features for IIS as per the release notes.

However, the feature I was looking forwards to was the PerformanceReport - when clicking on the link from the Admin page I just get a "HTTP 500 Internal Server Error" - I really don't know my way around PHP so any advice as to how to work out what is wrong?

I also think that the link to the Sheboygan dataset and/or release notes should be in the folder shortcuts deployed or else after install have a "do you want to see the release notes" page open up so a novice user has the data as well as the example app.

Re: MapGuide Open Source 2.4 Preview Release 2

Jackie Ng
Don't you just love UAC?

Just make sure the mapadmin\profilingmapxml directory has sufficient write permissions for php-cgi.exe to write files into. This is obviously a manual workaround until I can solve it at the installer level.

- Jackie

Re: MapGuide Open Source 2.4 Preview Release 2

Jackie Ng
Note that linux also has the same problem.

You must chmod that directory with enough permissions for Apache/PHP to write files into it. chmod 777 is probably overkill.

- Jackie

Re: MapGuide Open Source 2.4 Preview Release 2

Crispin_at_Linknode
WIX permissions on folders is something like this below.

The NetworkService account is good for W2k03 and below, W2k08 / Win7 needs a different (or additional) account ... best not to use "Everyone" on production systems!

  <DirectoryRef Id="INSTALLLOCATION">
    <Directory Id="dir_Logs_0" Name="Logs">

      <Component Id="comp_Log" DiskId="1" KeyPath="yes" Guid="___">
        <CreateFolder>
          <Permission GenericAll='yes' User='Administrators' />
          <Permission GenericAll='yes' User="NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService" />
        </CreateFolder>
      </Component>

Re: MapGuide Open Source 2.4 Preview Release 2

Steve Golden
I tried to install using the InstantSetup bundle on an "older" XP box using IIS (5.1) and came to figure out that it would not work because it does not have the appcmd utility.  The instant setup utility has a tab named IIS7 so I guess that is the minimum IIS version needed to install using the InstantSetup bundle?  If that is correct, perhaps a note can be placed on the Release Notes page under that download link to disclose that information.  Looks like a great tool...thanks for contributing!

-Steve

Re: MapGuide Open Source 2.4 Preview Release 2

Jackie Ng
Duly noted.

- Jackie