MapGuide OS 2.2 Server Crashing - Suggestions Please

MapGuide OS 2.2 Server Crashing - Suggestions Please

ChrisGo
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: MapGuide OS 2.2 Server Crashing - Suggestions Please

GordonL
Some old notes, but I think they apply:

Performance – With default server configuration, a certain amount of concurrent users may generate excessive repository busy errors. To better support concurrent users, a solution is provided in this update by creating repository for each session. To achieve it, you can manually add the following parameters in serverconfig.ini file under install folder, e.g. C:\Program Files\Autodesk\MapGuideEnterprise2011\Server\Bin for Windows and opt/Autodesk/mapguideenterprise2011/server/bin/serverconfig.ini for Linux.
[ResourceServiceProperties]
SessionRepositoriesConfig          = FilePerSession or SingleFile
SessionRepositoriesLimit           = 200
With FilePerSession setting, MapGuide Server will create a repository for every single session and the maximum session number is 200.  Note that 200 is just a reference number, you can tune it according to the concurrent user requirement.
With SingleFile setting, MapGuide Server will use one repository for all sessions as before and SessionRepositoriesLimit parameter doesn’t take effect.
Note: Without defining the two parameters in serverconfig.ini, FilePerSession will be used by default and the limited session number is 200.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: MapGuide OS 2.2 Server Crashing - Suggestions Please

JamesDudden
Not sure if you've seen this link already but if not it might help, it describes the parameters and provides parameter tuning tips for the serverconfig.ini and webconfig.ini:

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/ServerconfigWebConfigIni

Regards
JD

Software-Matters Dorset

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: MapGuide OS 2.2 Server Crashing - Suggestions Please

Martin Morrison
You shouldn't need to do that.  Go to MapGuide 2.3 at the least.  It is stable.  We have a few different sites that have a wide range of users.  Some very heavily used.  None have these issues.

Martin

Re: MapGuide OS 2.2 Server Crashing - Suggestions Please

zspitzer
try a 2.4 test release, they are available here

http://download.osgeo.org/mapguide/releases/2.4.0/Test/

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 10:42 AM, Martin Morrison
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> You shouldn't need to do that.  Go to MapGuide 2.3 at the least.  It is stable.  We have a few different sites that have a wide range of users.  Some very heavily used.  None have these issues.
>
> Martin

Zac Spitzer
Solution Architect / Director
Ennoble Consultancy Australia
http://www.ennoble.com.au
http://zacster.blogspot.com
+61 405 847 168

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: MapGuide OS 2.2 Server Crashing - Suggestions Please

Jackie Ng
There is no 2.3 release. We skipped it.

2.4 will have all the 2.3 features.

- Jackie