MapGuide 2.5.2 crash on a layer with malformed tooltip

MapGuide 2.5.2 crash on a layer with malformed tooltip

Gabriele Monfardini
Hi, I'm on

mapguide 2.5.2 32 bit @ centos 6
OGR Provider (with libgdal recompiled to support PostgreSQL).

one of my colleague by mistake set a layer tooltip mixing double quotes and
single quotes.
In particular, since the tooltip had some words within single quotes, he
surrounded the entire tooltip within double quotes, instead of properly
escaping single quotes.
The wrong tooltip was like

<Tooltip>"Something like this 'bla bla' R. G. 'bla bla'"</Tooltip>

When hovering the mouse on the polygon with this tooltip MapGuide 2.5.2
(but also 2.4.0) crashed without logging anything.
This happened always, so it's easily reproducible.

Validating the problematic layer with Maestro did not reveal the problem.
Fixing the tooltip solved the problem.

I'm worried about this crash because we have a lot of maps and many
different people working on map authoring, so wrong tooltip may happens
from time to time and I've not yet found a systematic way to check them.

Does anyone have found something similar?
Should I open a bug?
Suggestions to check tooltips?

Thanks and best regards,

Gabriele Monfardini

Re: MapGuide 2.5.2 crash on a layer with malformed tooltip

Jackie Ng
If you are going to open a ticket, it would be great if you can isolate the data into something that is reproducible for us, like a SDF file.

- Jackie

Re: MapGuide 2.5.2 crash on a layer with malformed tooltip

Gabriele Monfardini
Hi all,

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 10:30 AM, Jackie Ng <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If you are going to open a ticket, it would be great if you can isolate the
> data into something that is reproducible for us, like a SDF file.

I've opened ticket https://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/2511
I've uploaded a shapefile, a mgp package and needed steps in order to
reproduce the bug.

Regards,

Gabriele Monfardini