MapGuide 2.4

ChrisGo
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: MapGuide 2.4

zspitzer
have you read the release notes?

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/Release/2.4/Notes

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 12:23 AM, Chris Gountanis
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please give us the run down and how compatible going from 2.x to 2.4 is going
> to be. I assume 2.4 is the new Infrastructure Server (MapGuide) that is now
> being released by Autodesk.
>
> Will we be able to make a package from 2.x and load it to the new 2.4 once
> in final stage and everything should be fine?
>
> Any quirks, any prep, anything we should be aware of before we start
> testing?

 Can you give us a run down of features, performance increases as well?

Zac Spitzer
Solution Architect / Director
Ennoble Consultancy Australia
http://www.ennoble.com.au
http://zacster.blogspot.com
+61 405 847 168

Re: MapGuide 2.4

Jackie Ng
Packages should load fine from older to newer versions. Going the other way is not guaranteed due to potentially incompatible resource types and versions that may be included in the package.

As for new features, see the aforementioned release notes.

- Jackie

Re: MapGuide 2.4

andrewd
For what it's worth, this is the first upgrade that I've ever been able to simply make a package from my production server and put it on the new dev server without a single hitch...great job guys!!

Andrew

Sent from my iPhone

On 2012-05-07, at 11:03 PM, Jackie Ng <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Packages should load fine from older to newer versions. Going the other way
> is not guaranteed due to potentially incompatible resource types and
> versions that may be included in the package.
>
> As for new features, see the aforementioned release notes.
>
> - Jackie

Re: MapGuide 2.4

ChrisGo
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: MapGuide 2.4

andrewd
Mine worked out of the box this time - didn't try sids though...

Andrew

On 12/05/08 11:50 AM, Chris Gountanis wrote:
Do we know if the open source GDAL will actual work well with rasters like
SID, TIF, etc... I have had issues in using rasters (huge color projection
images) since 1.x version. Will there be any, or is there already, new
how-to guide on getting the FDO files setup for supporting raster imagery?

GEMTEC Email Signature
GEMTEC
            Limited

Andrew DeMerchant

tel: 506.453.1025  /  toll-free: 1.877.243.6832
fax: 506.453.9470