[MapCache] RFC-121: PostgreSQL and ElasticSearch Support in MapCache dimensions¶

[MapCache] RFC-121: PostgreSQL and ElasticSearch Support in MapCache dimensions¶

jbo-ads
Hello,

I'd like to propose RFC-121: "PostgreSQL and ElasticSearch Support in
MapCache dimensions". See
<http://www.mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-121.html>

Associated pull request is
<https://github.com/mapserver/mapcache/pull/184>

Regards,
Jérome.

Re: [MapCache] RFC-121: PostgreSQL and ElasticSearch Support in MapCache dimensions¶

tbonfort
Hi Jerome,
Looks nearly good to me, thanks for the contribution.
Could you please:
- add a section to the RFC about the backwards compatibility issue concerning the syntax for declaring a time dimension
- add a note in the MIGRATION_GUIDE.TXT about how to modify a current sqlite time dimension to the new syntax
- remove my name from the copyright of the files you have contributed and replace with yours.

Cheers,
Thomas

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 5:25 PM jbo-ads <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I'd like to propose RFC-121: "PostgreSQL and ElasticSearch Support in
MapCache dimensions". See
<http://www.mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-121.html>

Associated pull request is
<https://github.com/mapserver/mapcache/pull/184>

Regards,
Jérome.

Re: [MapCache] RFC-121: Vote request

jbo-ads
Hello,

After having addressed issues raised by Thomas and in lack of further
comments, I would like to request a vote on my RFC-121 proposal.

Regards,
Jérome.

<http://www.mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-121.html>
<https://github.com/mapserver/mapcache/pull/184>

On Wed, Jul 04, 2018 at 09:13 +0200, thomas bonfort
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Jerome,
> Looks nearly good to me, thanks for the contribution.
> Could you please:
> - add a section to the RFC about the backwards compatibility issue
> concerning the syntax for declaring a time dimension
> - add a note in the MIGRATION_GUIDE.TXT about how to modify a current
> sqlite time dimension to the new syntax
> - remove my name from the copyright of the files you have contributed
> and replace with yours.
>

> Cheers,
> Thomas
>
> On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 5:25 PM jbo-ads <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>         Hello,
>
>         I'd like to propose RFC-121: "PostgreSQL and ElasticSearch
>         Support in
>         MapCache dimensions". See
>         <http://www.mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-121.html>
>
>         Associated pull request is
>         <https://github.com/mapserver/mapcache/pull/184>
>
>         Regards,
>         Jérome.

Re: [MapCache] RFC-121: Vote request

Lime, Steve D (MNIT)
Sorry, was out on vacation and didn't get a chance for a proper review. Of course I'll defer to Thomas on the technical evaluation but I certainly support adding additional back-ends for storing dimensions, so a +1 from me. --Steve

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Jerome,
> Looks nearly good to me, thanks for the contribution.
> Could you please:
> - add a section to the RFC about the backwards compatibility issue
> concerning the syntax for declaring a time dimension
> - add a note in the MIGRATION_GUIDE.TXT about how to modify a current
> sqlite time dimension to the new syntax
> - remove my name from the copyright of the files you have contributed
> and replace with yours.
>

> Cheers,
> Thomas
>
> On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 5:25 PM jbo-ads <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>         Hello,
>
>         I'd like to propose RFC-121: "PostgreSQL and ElasticSearch
>         Support in
>         MapCache dimensions". See
>         <http://www.mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-121.html>
>
>         Associated pull request is
>         <https://github.com/mapserver/mapcache/pull/184>
>
>         Regards,
>         Jérome.

Re: [MapCache] RFC-121: Vote request

Daniel Morissette
I'm in the same boat, I like the idea but have to defer to Thomas on the
technical details. Since he is fine with the proposal and you addressed
his concerns then I vote +1

Daniel

On 2018-08-07 2:02 PM, Lime, Steve D (MNIT) wrote:

> Sorry, was out on vacation and didn't get a chance for a proper review. Of course I'll defer to Thomas on the technical evaluation but I certainly support adding additional back-ends for storing dimensions, so a +1 from me. --Steve

Daniel Morissette
Mapgears Inc
T: +1 418-696-5056 #201

Re: [MapCache] RFC-121: Vote request

jratike80
+1

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Aihe: Re: [mapserver-dev] [MapCache] RFC-121: Vote request

On 2018-08-07 2:02 PM, Lime, Steve D (MNIT) wrote:

> Sorry, was out on vacation and didn't get a chance for a proper
> review. Of course I'll defer to Thomas on the technical evaluation but
> I certainly support adding additional back-ends for storing
> dimensions, so a +1 from me. --Steve

Daniel Morissette
Mapgears Inc
T: +1 418-696-5056 #201

Re: [MapCache] RFC-121: Vote request

jmckenna
Administrator
+1 and also a note to please update the MapCache docs as part of this
effort.

This could also be a nice excuse to cut another MapCache release (it's
been a year).  I can assist Thomas with that if need be.

-jeff

On 2018-08-07 3:02 PM, Lime, Steve D (MNIT) wrote:

> Sorry, was out on vacation and didn't get a chance for a proper review. Of course I'll defer to Thomas on the technical evaluation but I certainly support adding additional back-ends for storing dimensions, so a +1 from me. --Steve

Back from vacation, I would like to thank you all for your positive
feedback. Of course MapCache doc update is ready to be submiteed both in
English and French. I'll also update RFC with voting results and set
applicable MapCache version number to 1.8 in accordance to Thomas's
suggestions.

Regards,
Jérome.