MapBender3 Zoom To Layer problems

Simone Micozzi
Hello, Mapbender Users
and Happy New Year to you all!

I set up a web GIS system based on Mapbender3
and backed by Geoserver and PostGis.

All is working fine and first of all I want to thank you
all Mapbender developer for the wonderful software
they shared with the web community.

I am experiencing some problems
with the ZOOM TO LAYER EXTENT function
in the Layertree panel.
In GeoServer, when I load the same layers with the Layer Preview
the layers' bounding boxes are correctly found,
so the spatial infos are accurate.
On the contrary, when I click on the Zoom To Layer icon
in the LayerTree panel in Mapbender,
the map is positioned uncorrectly,
like if it there was some coordinates error.
It reminds me of similar problems I experienced sometimes with UMN
MapServer,
when the base coordinates were in degrees
but the approximation of the values was too low.

Inside the Map configuration component I have set up the SRS to WGS84
(EPSG:4326)
and select as measure unit DEGREES,
and I set the application extent too.

If someone can give me some advice
or at least head me in the right direction,
I would really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance,
Simone Micozzi

Re: MapBender3 Zoom To Layer problems

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup)
Hello Simone,

is the GeoServer WMS a public Service so we could have a look at the
extent of the layers?

Does your max_extent (from map element) is big enough so ZOOM TO LAYER
EXTENT would jump to an area within the max_extent?

Best regards Astrid

Am 2017-01-03 09:46, schrieb Simone Micozzi:

> Hello, Mapbender Users
> and Happy New Year to you all!
>
> I set up a web GIS system based on Mapbender3
> and backed by Geoserver and PostGis.
>
> All is working fine and first of all I want to thank you
> all Mapbender developer for the wonderful software
> they shared with the web community.
>
> I am experiencing some problems
> with the ZOOM TO LAYER EXTENT function
> in the Layertree panel.
> In GeoServer, when I load the same layers with the Layer Preview
> the layers' bounding boxes are correctly found,
> so the spatial infos are accurate.
> On the contrary, when I click on the Zoom To Layer icon
> in the LayerTree panel in Mapbender,
> the map is positioned uncorrectly,
> like if it there was some coordinates error.
> It reminds me of similar problems I experienced sometimes with UMN
> MapServer,
> when the base coordinates were in degrees
> but the approximation of the values was too low.
>
> Inside the Map configuration component I have set up the SRS to WGS84
> (EPSG:4326)
> and select as measure unit DEGREES,
> and I set the application extent too.
>
> If someone can give me some advice
> or at least head me in the right direction,
> I would really appreciate it.
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Simone Micozzi

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Astrid Emde
GIS-Consultant

  Astrid Emde
  WhereGroup GmbH & Co.KG
  Eifelstraße 7
  53119 Bonn
  Germany

  Fon: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 22
  Fax: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 11

  [hidden email]
  www.wheregroup.com

  Folgen Sie der WhereGroup auf twitter:
http://twitter.com/WhereGroup_com

Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788
-------------------------------
Komplementärin:
WhereGroup Verwaltungs GmbH
vertreten durch:
Olaf Knopp, Peter Stamm

Re: MapBender3 Zoom To Layer problems

Simone Micozzi
Hi, Astrid.

No, for now it is a local installation not accessible from "outside".
As soon as I'll be on the machine I'll check the GeoServer response
and the max_extent settings in the map element.
Thank you for the advice.

Simone