Map not loading after upgrade

maabas
Hi,
My very first post here even though been using mapguide for almost 10 years
haha. Here goes my question:
Just upgraded my 2014 version of mapguide (2.5.2) to 3.1.2. I restored all
my libraries via backed up package. However, when I want to view it in the
browser, the loading bar at the zoom in  / out tool is loading forever.
Nothing is showing. I dont upgrade that often, as you can see the last
version is 2.5.2 but currently I want to try the latest version to get back
my google map external provider function (read it somewhere in the forum to
try the latest version with the fusion patch for google map fix).

If you guys want to access it out, please do so via this link:
http://gissvr.mbi.gov.my/simap/fusion/templates/mapguide/slate/index.html?ApplicationDefinition=Library://ZONING2015/Weblayouts/IpohCityFlexi.ApplicationDefinition&locale=en
<http://gissvr.mbi.gov.my/simap/fusion/templates/mapguide/slate/index.html?ApplicationDefinition=Library://ZONING2015/Weblayouts/IpohCityFlexi.ApplicationDefinition&locale=en>

Thanks in advance.

Re: Map not loading after upgrade

Jackie Ng
You need a Google Maps API key and activate billing on it. This is a
non-negotiable requirement to use their API.

Even then, I recommend you move away from Google Maps if you can and use
Bing/OSM instead for your base map backdrop. Google will constantly push
breaking changes to their Maps API and I don't have the motivation to keep
putting out fires that Google start. I haven't formally pulled Google Maps
support from Fusion (I'd imagine it would cause a mild uproar), but I would
actively discourage anyone from using it.

But that is a bit of a distraction from your real problem. I suggestion you
check your MapGuide error log for any exceptions that got logged. When maps
aren't rendering, something in MapGuide must've thrown some error, and the
error log is the first place to check. Also you might want to validate your
resources in MapGuide Maestro and see if any errors or notable warnings are
reported.

- Jackie

Re: Map not loading after upgrade

maabas
Thanks Jackie for replying. I fixed the problem yesterday by digging from
step 1 (feature sources) and found out that OGR.dll could not be located.
This is kinda weird because every mapguide version I used never hard
problems with OGR which I use for importing mapinfo tab files. However it is
solved by converting the tab files into SHP files (fortunately MGOS 3.1.2
doesn't have problems with SHP fdo) and rebuilding it from there. I tried
reinstalling MGOS 3.1.2 since OGR is not working but still the same. So for
now I will continue with SHP files.

Re: Map not loading after upgrade

Martin Morrison
Look in the providers.xml file and make sure the OGR.dll is in the correct path.

MapGuide\Server\Fdo\providers.xml

Martin Morrison
Application Engineer
Main Office: 540-345-1410 Toll Free: 888-355-0081
Products ǀ Training ǀ Service ǀ Tech Support

Please visit microcad3d.com for more information!