Many GN on just one Tomcat

Georgie
Hello

I would install many GeoNetworks on a Tomcat.

But it seems to be blocked on just 2 GeoNetworks. I can upload others, but
not to deploy them. I do not know why...

Amazing, because I can install others Geoservers, but no other GeoNetwork.

Can you help me ? Do you use many GeoNetwork on just one Tomcat ?

Thank you !

Re: Many GN on just one Tomcat

Francois Prunayre

> Hello
>
> I would install many GeoNetworks on a Tomcat.
>
> But it seems to be blocked on just 2 GeoNetworks. I can upload others, but
> not to deploy them. I do not know why...
>
> Amazing, because I can install others Geoservers, but no other GeoNetwork.
>
> Can you help me ? Do you use many GeoNetwork on just one Tomcat ?

I know some setup with 4 GeoNetwork in one Tomcat. Nothing specific there,
just different WAR name and display-name in web.xml.

Francois

> Thank you !

Re: Many GN on just one Tomcat

Georgie
Hi, OK thanks.

I have not change "web.xml". Is there anything to change here ?

I go see, but any information about interest me !

> Hi,

> > Hello
> >
> > I would install many GeoNetworks on a Tomcat.
> >
> > But it seems to be blocked on just 2 GeoNetworks. I can upload others,
> but
> > not to deploy them. I do not know why...
> >
> > Amazing, because I can install others Geoservers, but no other
> GeoNetwork.
> >
> > Can you help me ? Do you use many GeoNetwork on just one Tomcat ?
>

> I know some setup with 4 GeoNetwork in one Tomcat. Nothing specific there,
> just different WAR name and display-name in web.xml.
>
> Francois
>

> > Thank you !

> > GeoNetwork OpenSource is maintained at

*Georges Hinot*
*CNRS - DRIIHM - UMS BBEES (3468)*
Musée d'Histoire Naturelle de Paris, Maison Buffon
Géomaticien - Administrateur BDD - Intégrateur
*Tél : 01 40 79 80 44*
*Tél : 06 47 61 84 92*
Le nouveau site DRIIHM-ROHM ! <http://driihm.fr>

Re: Many GN on just one Tomcat

Georgie
Hi

OK, I have change the display-name of my GN3, but no changes, even after
restarting...

I can not deploy more than two GN3 on my Tomcats. I have tried on a Debian
and a Centos, I have tried to improve Xms, Xmx... No change...

You know setup with 4 GN ? Nothing of particular on this setup ?

> Hi, OK thanks.
>
> I have not change "web.xml". Is there anything to change here ?
>
> I go see, but any information about interest me !

>> Hi,

>> > Hello
>> >
>> > I would install many GeoNetworks on a Tomcat.
>> >
>> > But it seems to be blocked on just 2 GeoNetworks. I can upload others,
>> but
>> > not to deploy them. I do not know why...
>> >
>> > Amazing, because I can install others Geoservers, but no other
>> GeoNetwork.
>> >
>> > Can you help me ? Do you use many GeoNetwork on just one Tomcat ?
>>

>> I know some setup with 4 GeoNetwork in one Tomcat. Nothing specific
>> there, just different WAR name and display-name in web.xml.
>>
>> Francois
>>

>> > Thank you !

>> > GeoNetwork OpenSource is maintained at
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/geonetwork
>>

> --
> *Georges Hinot*
> *CNRS - DRIIHM - UMS BBEES (3468)*
> Musée d'Histoire Naturelle de Paris, Maison Buffon
> Géomaticien - Administrateur BDD - Intégrateur
> *Tél : 01 40 79 80 44*
> *Tél : 06 47 61 84 92*
> Le nouveau site DRIIHM-ROHM ! <http://driihm.fr>

--
*Georges Hinot*
*CNRS - DRIIHM - UMS BBEES (3468)*
Musée d'Histoire Naturelle de Paris, Maison Buffon
Géomaticien - Administrateur BDD - Intégrateur
*Tél : 01 40 79 80 44*
*Tél : 06 47 61 84 92*
Le nouveau site DRIIHM-ROHM ! <http://driihm.fr>

Re: Many GN on just one Tomcat

Jean Pommier - PI geosolutions
Hi Georges,

I just tried 3 instances of GN3 on my laptop, it seems to work fine. I'm
using Debian 7, tomcat7, java oracle 7. The GN instances connect to
postgreSQL DBs.
Using the first deployed geonetwork instance, I copied the folder, in
order to get my second and 3d instances. Don't forget to leave the right
to tomcat user (cp -pr does the trick).
I just had to change the instances names in web.xml as François
suggested, and of course, set a different DB for each instance.

When you say you're "blocked", what do you mean ? What errors do you get ?
Cheers,

Jean

*Jean Pommier -- pi-Geosolutions*

Ingénieur, consultant indépendant

Tél. : (+33) 6 09 23 21 36
E-mail : [hidden email]
Web : www.pi-geosolutions.fr

Le 16/06/2015 10:59, Georges H a écrit :

> Hi
>
> OK, I have change the display-name of my GN3, but no changes, even after
> restarting...
>
> I can not deploy more than two GN3 on my Tomcats. I have tried on a Debian
> and a Centos, I have tried to improve Xms, Xmx... No change...
>
> You know setup with 4 GN ? Nothing of particular on this setup ?

>> Hi, OK thanks.
>>
>> I have not change "web.xml". Is there anything to change here ?
>>
>> I go see, but any information about interest me !

>>> Hi,

>>> but

>>> GeoNetwork.
>>>
>>> I know some setup with 4 GeoNetwork in one Tomcat. Nothing specific
>>> there, just different WAR name and display-name in web.xml.
>>>
>>> Francois

>>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/geonetwork
>>>

>> --
>> *Georges Hinot*
>> *CNRS - DRIIHM - UMS BBEES (3468)*
>> Musée d'Histoire Naturelle de Paris, Maison Buffon
>> Géomaticien - Administrateur BDD - Intégrateur
>> *Tél : 01 40 79 80 44*
>> *Tél : 06 47 61 84 92*
>> Le nouveau site DRIIHM-ROHM ! <http://driihm.fr>

Re: Many GN on just one Tomcat

Georgie
Ok, I have understand and solved this :

The problem is only related to the default database. The DB must to be
created or renamed (config-db/jdbc.properties).

As I already used the default H2 DB called "geonetwork", it was locked.
Renaming them to create another DB, or using a Postgres DB, or other, and
it is OK !

### GN3 rocks