Manually replacing tile in GeoWebCache cache directory

Manually replacing tile in GeoWebCache cache directory

maimaj
Hi everybody,

I have tiles created by another applications and I want to use them in the cache directory of GWC. I added a raster store using a a small blank GeoTiff. I also added a layer based on this store and set the BBox of it to the BBox of the above-mentioned tiles. I got GWC create all the tiles and noticed that the naming of the folders and files are the same as the tiles which were created by my teammate's application. Afterwards, I replaced the GWC tiles by the tiles created by my teammate's application. However, when I load the layer using OpenLayers, GWC recreates the tiles requested by the client and places them on my own tiles.
I appreciate if anyone can propose me a workaround for this problem. Please note that I cannot recombine my tiles into a single GeoTiff because it would be very huge.

Thanks in advance,
Majid