Making Canvas appear on top of base layers

Making Canvas appear on top of base layers

Nick Whitelegg

Firstly I am aware that there is a new Vector architecture being developed for
canvas drawing. However I thought I'd try and fix the issue with the Canvas
layer first, whereby if the base layer is not transparent, the canvas is
hidden by it.

I tried doing this by adjusting the z-index of the canvas. I did this a number
of ways; in the CSS and directly in the JavaScript. However none of them
worked; is anyone involved in the development of eithe Canvas or the new
Vector layer aware of how to deal with this issue?

Thanks,
Nick