MaestroAPI: Can't use LocalNative Connection from API in trunk

MaestroAPI: Can't use LocalNative Connection from API in trunk

Gunter Becker
Hi Jackie,

when creating the MaestroAPI from current trunk I can't create LocalNative connection anymore. With MaestroAPI 4 from SDK there is no problem.

An Exception is thrown in line 253 of ConnectionProviderRegistry.cs because "_ctors" doesn't contain the provider "Maestro.LocalNative" (which is defined in ConnectionProviders.xml) :

   string name = provider.ToUpper();
   if (!_ctors.ContainsKey(name))
      throw new ArgumentException("Provider not registered: " + provider);

Any thoughts?

Gunter

Re: MaestroAPI: Can't use LocalNative Connection from API in trunk

Jackie Ng
I've changed how Maestro.LocalNative is setup post-4.0. It's now hard referenced against the version of MapGuide it supports (currently only MGOS 2.2 and 32-bit). I plan to include the LocalNative library project as part of the SDK so you can roll your own LocalNative connection assembly for your particular version of MapGuide/AIMS instead of going through this assembly binding redirection business.

One of these changes is changing the name of the implementation assembly so that you know what version of MapGuide the assembly is supposed to be used against. The implementation assembly has changed to OSGeo.MapGuide.MaestroAPI.Native32-2.2.0.dll

As you can guess, it is for MGOS 2.2 and is 32-bit

- Jackie

Re: MaestroAPI: Can't use LocalNative Connection from API in trunk

anurag

I am using Mapguide Maestro 4.0.1 on 64 bit Windows 2008 Server R2. I am trying to connect Maestro through ASP.net and getting error "Provider not registered: OSGeo.SQLServerSpatial". Connectionstring is "IServerConnection conn = ConnectionProviderRegistry.CreateConnection("OSGeo.SQLServerSpatial", "Username", "Administrator", "Password", "admin", "Url", "http://10.193.207.154/mapguide/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi");"

Please help me out.

Thanks in advance,

Anurag